[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ok to pursue someone I'm not very attracted to physically?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1467308248330.jpg (62 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1467308248330.jpg
62 KB, 450x532
Is it ok to pursue someone I'm not very attracted to physically?
We get along well, we have some things in common, so I'd like to go for it. But if I had to describe her I'd say she looks okay. Nothing special, not really my style, but not ugly in any way. I'm afraid I would never be able to love her fully because of that, or that I'll get bored after 6 months and be tempted to upgrade.
I'm completely clueless about relationships but everyone always seems to claim their partner looked stunning to them right away. If all I can think of right now before we even get to know each other really well is "yeah she's good enough", can it still be the start of a healthy relationship?
I'm lonely is this is definitely weighting on my judgment, but I don't want to start a relationship that's likely to fail.
>>
>I don't want to start a relationship that's likely to fail.

This is why we have a website full of social retards who can't find a decent woman if their life depended on it. You can't put every potential girlfriend through the "married forever" filter. Get some practice in or you'll never learn how to associate with women well enough to land a good one.
>>
>>17323374
You're right but still, I wouldn't want to use her for the experience alone.
>>
>>17323415
You're not "using" her if you don't know what the hell you even want. Even you said you're not sure if you'll still be with her after a few months. Give her a shot. Just don't get stuck in the mindset of "This is the end-all be-all of relationships. I don't deserve any better."
>>
The thing is that attraction can grow over time. If you are crazy about a person, there are things to like about everyone. Just an example, a girl can have;

>long, curly eyelashes
>the cutest little smirk
>freckles on her back
>symmetrical Venus dimples above her bum
>golden spots in her irises
>gorgeous, shapely legs
>cute weird monkey toes
>an adorable habit of blushing easily
>dainty little lady hands

And more and more and more - without being traditionally attractive. And ultimately it's the kind of attraction that counts: no one dislikes a perfects set of tits, but it's usually the more weird/intimate details about the person you love that make you go crazy. It is also these kind of things that don't fade as much as more stereotypical hotness.
Whether or not you start to notice and love things like this is solely dependent on how your feelings for her develop. So I'd say: go on a few dates with her and see how it goes. If you notice you start looking forward to seeing her, you feel at ease with her, eventually your heart flutters a bit when she suddenly flirts or gives you a special look - it's worth going all in and trusting that you will grow to like her more and more. This is also what people mean when they say that love is blind: not that attractiveness doesn't factor in, but that people have a positively skewed image of their loved one's appearance.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.