[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting into a fight where I don't want to fight back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: flyingsquirrel1.gif (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
flyingsquirrel1.gif
3 MB, 400x224
Aright, so there's this asshole in my building who's already punched one guy there, and since I've been outspoken about his shit he's laid his hands on me and made direct threats. We're trying to get him evicted/arrested, but the landlord doesn't speak good English so the process is slow.

If he tries to strike me that'd definitely speed up the process, since I think I can call the cops right away and they'd probably give advice on eviction as well. The time he attacked the other guy, he didn't do just one punch -- he got angry and just let out a flurry, and the other guy got mad and flurried back. Neither had much space since they were in a hallway so there wasn't any damage, but watching the guy's punches it's clear he doesn't have any training and is just going on pure rage.

On the other hand, he's fat with at least 50 pounds on me; I can't punch and I only have like 4 months total of judo and wrestling, which means I don't know anything except some takedowns. More importantly, if I fight back, and especially if I do so successfully, I lose a bit more leverage at getting him arrested/evicted, and personally I don't like fighting.

So I was thinking of the following strategy, and I want to know from people who actually know martial arts (not people who just watch mma and think that makes them experts) if it's realistic. I'd tuck in my chin and lower myself with my forearms covering from my ears and temples to my cheeks, chin, and nose, exposing my forehead plain and clear. Since he was punching the other guy without thinking, close-fisted, without support from his core, and exclusively aiming for the head, I'm thinking at least the first two will go right to my forehead and hurt, godwilling break, his wrists. Is this a realistic strategy and expectation?

I do other contact sports so I think I can take impacts with a good enough stance to keep me from staggering back and losing my guard. Still, is it a good chance of being knocked out in two punches?
>>
What's most likely to happen: You back down and apologize as soon as he gets in your face. He'll put his hands on you again. You'll close yourself up and just stand there. Then scurry back into your apartment and tell yourself that you'll call the cops "next time".

Some people just don't have a pair of balls between their legs. All the advice in the world can't stop you from being a doormat.
>>
>>17323366

Uhh no when he put his hands on my shoulders I stood and stared at him and started raising my voice to try to egg him on. Somebody else was in the hallway though and pushed us apart.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpUq__iQqw
>>
Seriously??? I thought everybody on this site had an opinion of what to do or what works in a fight.

Would he realistically connect my forehead in that position? Would it likely damage his wrist on one strike? Is there a chance of being knocked out?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.