[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>22 years >Have a SO >Have a roof over my head >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: no.png (43 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
no.png
43 KB, 500x354
>22 years
>Have a SO
>Have a roof over my head
>Have plenty food, never starved
>My parents are alive and care for me
>Have a good job, making more money than my parents

Why can't I be happy? What is wrong with me?

I want to quit bitching around and do something. Despite everything I have, I still feel miserable....
>>
It's called depression friendo.
>>
>>17323249
Trumps about to win senpai

You will get to kill blacks and stuff soon

The fire rises.
>>
>>17323273
That is bullshit
I can't be that selfish... There are people with much worse conditions, why should i feel depressed ??
>>
>>17323285
Because it is a mental illness and not a choice..?
>>
Do you have anyone who makes you smile when you think about them?

Do you have anyone who you could hug and not let go?

Do have anywhere you could sit forever and just stare at the view?

Do you have a piece of music that makes you want to dance?

I'm meeting lots of people that are depressed, and it's because they've got no reason to love.
>>
Brain chemical imbalances. Seriously, talk to your doctor, depression meds can help a lot. They saved my little brother.
Also, try to develop healthy habits which bring pleasure. Exercising is proven to improve your mental state.
Make sure you have a good sleep schedule, sleep deprivation can also lead to depression.
>>
>>17323285
Clinical depression comes from within, not from outside circumstances. It's a chemical imbalance of the brain that makes you depressed "for no reason". I felt exactly the same way as you did, guilty and wouldn't admit to myself that I could have this problem. You need to accept it and get professional help.
>>
>>17323297
But where is the logic behind this?

>>17323302
Yes
No...
No
Not really dance, but sing yes

I love my SO, and I love what I do at my job.
But see... When I get home... If i stay at my bedroom, I start to feel this way. The answer would simple be "don't be in you bedroom", but when I'm there, I don't want to get out. When i'm in my bed, i don't want to get up, don't want to open my eyes... It's like a vicious circle, once i'm in, I can't get out
>>
>>17323273
>friendo

Shut the fuck up whore.
>>
I'm Ina similar situation, and it's rough. It's so rough. I feel empty all over. I don't want to get out of bed. My anxiety is peaking. I've started seeing a therapist and he says I've developed avoidant personality disorder on top of depression and anxiety I've had for years. Because I've developed this new problem, that's why suddenly it's so much more worse.
I actually feel like I can not live like this much longer.
It's never, ever gotten better.
>>
>>17323311
>>17323321
Brain is a bitch huh
I may be stubborn saying this, but I didn't ask for this.
Why you guys are not calling me a fag for complaining about my life?
>>
>>17323302
One big fat no.
>>
>>17323333
>Why you guys are not calling me a fag for complaining about my life?

Because that's not productive advice. Also, clinical depression is insidious, and it makes you instead want to hear things like "you're a fag, get over it, nothing is wrong", so that you don't get help and instead wallow in more self-hatred.
>>
>>17323249
read books
>>
>>17323333
>QUADS
YOU ARE A SUCCESS OP

The fact that others suffer more than you does not make your suffering invalid OP. I know that's a hard thing to get past but please try to internalize it.
Please try to do good things for yourself routinely. Maintain good hygiene, exercise to get a HOT BOD and sleep for at least 7-8 hours a night. Anything that helps give yourself confidence and continued betterment.
>>
>>17323346
As much as I wanted to get into books, I never could...
I forced myself into reading in the past just because 'smart people read' concept, it didn't worked.
>>
>>17323297
This is a dangerous meme
>>
>>17323353
And on a side note, I'm noticing that I'm not committing to finish things I started.
I start games but never finish them, even though they are things that I always wanted (persona, witcher, last of us, dark sousl...)
The same goes for anime, tv shows and like i've said, books.
>>
>>17323249
Work out. Clean. Cook. Get busy. If you're not a lazy piece of shit like me, it will make you feel better.
Also, in a more general way, get out of your routine, I noticed it made me feel like you described.
>>
>>17323327
Calm down.
>>
>>17323380
You fucking calm down
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TELL A RUSTLED MAN TO "CALM DOWN" ???? THAT'S NOT HOW IT MOTHERFUCKING WORKS YOU FUCKING WHORE!!!!!
>>
>>17323386
if this is a joke it isn't funny friendo
>>
>>17323387
I love you that is why I stay away.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.