[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My computer caught on fire for a short period. From what I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image_36.jpg (88 KB, 943x859) Image search: [Google]
image_36.jpg
88 KB, 943x859
My computer caught on fire for a short period.

From what I can tell, the HDD, Power Supply and Video Card still work. It won't POST and none of the case fans or the CPU fan work.

How fucked am I?
>>
P-pls respond
>>
I just need to hope I can fix it.
>>
>>17323181
Get a new motherboard and processor.
Also get a surge protector and keep the internal components dust free.

Fuck how dusty was your pc?
>>
>>17323290
I don't think it was dust, it might have been something else.

God I hope I don't need a new CPU, and the motherboard is at least responding with something.
>>
>>17323181
Sounds like a mild surge. Replace fans and see if the fans port still works. If they don't you will need a new motherboard.
>>
>>17323384
Based on the emptiness of the whisky bottle on my desk, and the wetness of the to of my case, I think I accidentally poured some scotch down my computer last night...
>>
>>17323181
kek, op needs a new motherboard, ive had lights on my mobo before, and no leds.. they were flaming resistors.

thanks for chinese knockoff parts

get something better than ASrock
>>
Replace the motherboard and CPU. You may also need to replace the cooling system, if there is more to it than a fan and a heat sink. The problem likely started in the CPU, but if there was a fire then the mobo is almost certainly damaged as well. You MIGHT be able to save the mobo with a ton of solder, jumper wire, and RIDICULOUSLY mad skillz, but it would be way more trouble than it is frankly worth. Probably more expensive too, when all is said and done.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.