[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Engineering and Mathematics or Computer Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: engineering.jpg (278 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
engineering.jpg
278 KB, 1600x1065
I was wondering if any of you currently in post secondary studying to get their degree in Computer Engineering, or if you have already obtained your degree, would it be smart for me to get my degree in Mathematics or Computer Science along with Computer Engineering? I would like to do a double major but I'm still confused as to which one I should choose, thank you in advance.
>>
>I want to be a virgin until I'm 25 and get married to some extremely religious girl with terrible health problems.
>>
>>17323213
I really don't care if I stay a virgin all my life and I don't care to get married.
>>
>>17323247
>I'm going to be 17 my entire life
Sure thing, pal.
>>
>>17323286
I just want a legitimate response to my question, I don't see why you even bother posting a replying to my thread if you're not going to answer my question.
>>
>>17323323

You get stupid replies to stupid questions. Nobody is going to be able to plan out your future for you.
>>
>>17323332
I apologize if my question is worded poorly. What I am trying to say is from your own experience which would be more relevant, in the sense that it would increase my chance of employment, for someone looking to pursue a career in computer engineering, mathematics or computer science.
>>
>>17323344
He is just fucking with you.

As for your question, i have no idea.
>>
I'm assuming that you dont know yet because you haven't take any of those classes. I'm assuming that with Computer Engineering minor, you will need to take intro classes. Same with CS. Take your introductory courses in engineering and CS, then decide from there.

Additionally, every single college is a little bit different. For the best informed decision, for CS, you should finish object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms. I don't know about computer engineering. For mathematics, you will most likely need to take the entire calculus sequence, which is differential calculus, integral calculus, multivariable calculus, possibly vector calculus. Differential equations, linear algebra will also be necessary. Afterwards, if you want to support Computer Science, the math classes you should take should be Discrete Math(some places put this in Computer Science), Graph Theory, maybe Combinatorics.

A pure math major doesn't really begin until you take 2 classes called Abstract Algebra and Real Analysis. Mathematics that you know now is extremely different from the proof based mathematics that you see in 300 level math. But some people like that much more. If you like the math that you know now, CS might be the better option.

Basically, I'm saying that you should take your classes and then decide. And when you take your classes, you may need to take several classes to get past boring introductory stuff. For the matter, I say this as a math major, and I wish I took more Computer Science, as even Computer Science doesn't really begin until Data Structures/Algorithms. You are probably based in the USA, so you have the freedom to wait and decide.
>>
>>17323513
Thanks
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.