[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best bro broke the bro code. This is gonna be the wall of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (305 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
image.png
305 KB, 500x405
My best bro broke the bro code. This is gonna be the wall of text, but bear with me.
Friend who we'll call Adam had a crush on this one girl. He was a real man about it and confessed to her. It crashed and burned, she told him no and he got over it. I mean, it took him a while, since she's gorgeus and all, but he's fine now.
Then my best friend, we'll call him Bob, got interested in her as well. I told him it's a bad idea because Adam is his friend, but he doesn't listen.
He doesn't have a chance with the girl, but he is willing to risk a friendship for her. It's not worth it and I cannot explain it to him because he is retarded and in love.
Have you ever had a situation like this? What do I do? Do I just stay out of it? Or do I keep telling him to find another girl?
I feel like a shitty friend.
>>
Voice your opinion on the situation to Bob, make it clear where you stand but don't intervene.
>>
>>17323145

while im a general advocate for bro code im not sure it even applies here.

its two dudes who liked the same girl and ones feelings matter more than the other cuz he said dibs basically?

you mention the second guy, bob, is in love, so ur saying he should not be with the girl he loves simply because adam got too invested in a girl he never dated?

dont get me wrong, bob is prizing this girl over adam but how close are they really?
>>
>>17323159
Bob and Adam are pretty close. And the girl is out of their legue. She looks like a model, but is the most manipulative bitch you'll ever meet. As a friend, I honestly don't think she's worth ruining the friendship. Since the third friend talked to her and she said
>I hope things with Bob don't go as they went with Adam
>>
>>17323165

sounds to me like you have nothing to worry about. they both tried. they both fail. they both bond over it.
>>
>>17323145
Bob should tell Adam his intentions just to avoid surprises. There's no breach of the code though: Bob and Adam aren't in a competition since the girl clearly said no. It would only apply if Adam was currently courting the lady.
>>
So if you got rejected by a girl you liked, and your friend tried with her as well, you wouldn't mind?
>>
Fuck, posts like these make me feel ashamed to be a man.

This whole "bro code" bullshit is cancerous. It boils down to "don't date friends exes without permission", yet people read way too fucking much into it.

A woman can choose who to be with. If she rejects one friend and accepts the other, then thats on HER. Just making yourself an option isn't a violation of some mythical bullshit code, because let's face it, most of the time if you have this kind of mentality you have no shot with amy self respecting woman.

She isn't anyones ex, so let your friend make an ass of himself. If he somehow succeeds, pat him on the back and say "Good on you." And is the other friend has a hissy fit, tell him to grow a pair.
>>
>>17323177
Why would you? She rejected you, it's over, get over it.
Don't be bitter and don't stop your friend from doing what he would like.
Sure, it might be a bummer if he gets the girl but I'd rather have an happy friend than a resenting acquaintance.
>>
>>17323177

would i mind? sure. but if its a girl id literally never had any romantic experience with and my friend got with her id get over it.

but in this case you are insisting that your friend should be angry that they both tried and failed. no.

its like this guy says:
>>17323194

ultimately your extreme view of the bro code treats women like objects that can be 'claimed' by any random guy even if the girls turns em down.

they'll both get rejected anyways wont they OP?
>>
>bro code
stupid bullshit
>>
OP, you kind of remind me of my little brother.

when he was 8 or so he and soem neighbors were swimming in a pool. there was a girl there (9?) and a little boy (4 or so) and the little boy got out of the pool to go take a leak, he pissed against a tree.

then my little brother went and told on him and the mom was like
>so?
>BUT WHAT IF THE GIRL SAW HIS!!!!!! (then points to his crotch)
>the mom kept insisting that its no big deal but my brother couldnt see beyond the simple 'rule'
>if its a rule it must be an extreme crime

thats waht you are like OP. you didnt come here saying 'im worried my friends will fight' or 'im worried one of my friends simply doesnt care about the rest of us' or 'im afraid my friend groups going to die.

you came here and said 'I THINK MY FRIEND BROKE THE BRO CODE!!!'

you are worshipping the rules themselves, and not the idea behind the rules. you're like the guy who wont let a 20 year old have beer.
>>
My friends keep getting with women that cheat on them and fuck them over

Iv tried helping but they leave me in the dirt and try crawling back after their ruin.

Let them suffer. The less experience your friend has the harder it will be to help him.
>>
>>17323210
Come on dude, isn't it obvious that I'm afraid they'll fight because of the girl?
>>
>>17323341
That isn't your problem, it's theirs. You can step in after the shit hits the fan, but trying to (s)mother them isn't going to do any of you any good.

Just back off.
>>
>>17323145
leave my cat alone until you do the math
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.