[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to find reason to not drink so fucking much when I do drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466526281599.jpg (52 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
1466526281599.jpg
52 KB, 600x397
How to find reason to not drink so fucking much when I do drink

I was out last weekend and got drunk, watched football and then went pub crawling
The alcohol kept pouring and eventually it got very late and I almost got into a fight with a stranger over a retarded misunderstanding but I walked away before anything happened and I feel so fucking bad about it because the guy was terrified and though I wanted his money

I just can't find a reason to just have two pints or one it's always gotta be so fucking extreme I'm going to die for sure at this rate before I'm thirty

When it comes to vices like alcohol and nicotine I just have zero moderation because I can't see any reason not to get smashed but I seriously believe next time I'm gonna go over the line for real.

Any tips?
>>
Dude I dunno it took my parents Intervening before I finally quit probably never would have happened if they haddent. It feels like all that time that alcohol is what makes you happy when your an alcoholic but being off of it I think im happier now.
>>
>>17322875
How long have you been off it and what was the intervention thing like
>>
Drink a ton of water before you go out?

Leave your credit/debit card at home, only take a few drinks worth of cash?

Ask your friends to help you moderate, and/or find better friends?
>>
Do you have any pets that depend on you? If not, maybe consider getting a dog.
>>
>>17322901
I have little meaningful in my life, only reason I don't off myself is cause dying is scary and my parents would be sad.
>>
>>17322887
Ive been off probably for 2 years I couldn't support myself so my parents quit supporting me and I moved back home they wouldnt and still wont let me touch alcohol im schizophrenic may have developed it from drinking soo much. Im slowly trying to get back on my feet but I don't know if I want to live alone again because im afraid I might start drinking again its hard but I know some way I have to stay away from alcohol.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.