[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel my significant other really distant. I met this girl,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I feel my significant other really distant.

I met this girl, who's a single mom, and for some reason she was really into me. I don't like to date single moms whatsoever, so I tried to keep her as a friend. But she insisted, and we started to act more romantically and therefore we had sex sometimes.

But I felt bad, I didn't really wanted to continue to "use" her just for sex, since despite she's beautiful and overall an amazing girl, my decision is that I really don't want to date single moms. So I told her in a date what I felt, I tried to tell her that I want to stop this before it is too late (to, like, seriously love each other, but I knew that sooner or later I will definitely stop this since she doesn't have time for me at all (more on this in a few paragraphs).

She became upset, and I felt really sad, didn't wanted to hurt her feelings. Despite all, she still wanted to go the movies that day. Okai, as friends I thought.

I brief, she didn't stopped "loving" me. She in fact told she "liked me more" because I was sincere. And she said that she'll never ask me to become a paternal father for his son.

So well, we continued dating and stuff (sex), but lately I've felt her distant as fuck. She says she's working, and I believe her, but I also work, and I always tried to communicate with her in some way, despite me being "tired" or something. She doesn't reply, most of the times. Until the next day: "I love you", completely ignoring my previous message. But well, okai, that's not a big deal...

I mean, she used to really "love" me at the genesis of this "relationship", but when I told her my feelings, she, well, like completely ignored me on Facebook (I don't really care about it, but she used to "like" all my stupid posts. Now nothing). She doesn't talk to me as much as she did either.

I really don't know what to think about it.
>>
>>17322752

Btw sorry for my awful grammar. Hadn't written in english since a lot of time.
>>
>>17322752
let me get this straight.

you told this single mom to fuck off with the romance cause you're not interested in raising another man's child but you're still dating her?

now you're questioning why she's distant?

you effectively told her that "you have too much baggage" or "you're damaged goods" but "i'll stay around if that means easy sex."

i don't know if she's just that lonely that she still comes to you for intimacy or she's trying to leverage easy sex as a means to spend more time with you in an attempt to convince you to stay.

if you're not interested in being with her long term then be 100% sure to communicate that. ask her what you two are doing/where this relationship is going.
>>
>>17322758

She still says "I love you" to me.
>>
i'm a single mom myself, so i might be able to shed some light. but first i need to know why this even bothers you. from your OP i concluded that you WANT this to end and that you are just in for the sex. i asusme she catched up on that and is now distancing herself from you to not get hurt. just like every other girl would do too. no one likes to feel "used". i have to admit that there are times i can only manage a short "i love you" to my bf too, just because everything is CRAZY at work/home/whatever. i send that with disregarding the previous messagees just to show him i'm still here, i think of you, i still love you, but i'm currently fucking busy. pls try to understand. my bf and i have made out that in such cases, i just send him a big heart and he knows what's up. i know it's asked very much from a guy and i'm extremely thankfull my bf is so empathic.
>>
also, if you have no serious intentions, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't get involved with the kid! don't make him get attached then vanish. that's the last thing he needs...
>>
>>17322768

Well, I didn't acted like "go fucking youreslf you stupid bitch lololol single mom lololol". I told her politely, and that was like months ago.

She still insisted in dating me. She still used to talk to me, "I love you, I love you". I tried at least 2 times to "stop" this, but she insisted! And she still insists! "I don't want this to be over".

She told me that if I don't want to date/love her anymore, I should just tell her. Only that, she said she didn't wanted the "why".

And I hadn't done that because I do care about her. It is not only about sex, I do like to see her, hear her, touch her, talk to her, etc. So maybe I'm the only one stupid here because I actually fell in love. But I fell in love not because "it was love at first sight" or some bullshit, I felt in love because despite my "attempts" to stop this (I told her, like I said, at least 2 times kinda directly; sometimes I don't hug her, or take her hand, or kiss her, etc.), she still looks for me. And I'm like wtf girl! Like last friday, our date was just literally taking her to her house. I didn't kiss her, or whatever "intimate". And when I was going to my home, she texted me "Thank you for this. I love you. I would liked a kiss from you."

And I'm like "what!? It was meant for you to understand that I don't want to keep this getting stronger!" And that's why I'm feeling like shit now. She has "forgiven" me a lot of fucking times, that I, atm, love her. Yes, love, love, love her.

AND that's why I'm acting like an idiot asking people "oh I fell her so distant, what should I do?". I'm acting like if we were in an actual relationship, though nobody except she and me know we are dating! It's a secret!

I just want to know if she's bored of me, or if I am overthinking.
>>
>>17322800
>She told me that if I don't want to date/love her anymore, I should just tell her. Only that, she said she didn't wanted the "why".
you're leading her on then, you're aware, right?

>. Yes, love, love, love her
then why are you resisting this so much? tell me your concerns about single moms.
>>
>>17322779
>>17322786

I have nothing against single moms. I just don't want to date single moms. Sorry if it sounds disrespectful, it is not meant to be.

And yeah, I fucking REALLY think she is busy, or something. But well, it feels kinda bad that despite my attempts to communicate with her, she just say "I love you.", like, when I'm asking is she wants to go out, or when I talk to her about what I'm doing. She just reply "[blushed emoticon] I love you." I translate that like "yeah, whatever, I love you."

So, as I asked in the last reply: Am I overthinking?

Btw, right now I feel like we are like a "normal couple", she never says anything to me about her son. But well, I can't ignore that fact.

So then, should I just flow with this? Or should I understand that she's getting bored/distant from me for whatever reason?
>>
>>17322801

>then why are you resisting this so much? tell me your concerns about single moms.

Because now I feel like she's bored of me :~) It is not anymore about moms, I see her like a woman, my couple, nothing else. I'm just telling the backstory for people to understand.

Eventually it will end, sooner or later. I don't know who will end this, though. I'm shit talking to girls, and she's really attractive. That's why I feel insecure.
>>
>>17322805
>Or should I understand that she's getting bored/distant from me for whatever reason?
how old are you even?

>I just don't want to date single moms
then STOP leading her on NOW. tell her, hey X, i will not have any contact with you again because i do NOT WANT TO DATE A SINGLE MOM. you can leave the reason out if she desn't want to know. but tell her. you sound confused af. on one hand you don't want to date her and on the other you are concerned with her being distant. what the fuck do you want, son?
>>
>>17322801

Ah, and for the "concerns". Nothing against them. I know it was, normally, their decision.

What I mean is that I want to feel the full experience of raising a child since pregnancy and all that stuff. That's why. I would like to have a couple beginner as me when taking the next big step in live, so we can go through that learning new and exciting stuff together.
>>
>>17322830

Ah, yeah. I know I could stop this... But I don't want, yet.
>>
>>17322824
>Eventually it will end, sooner or later
don't be selfish and end it. she has no energy and time to waste on someone that's not serious about her. and if you go along with it long enough to get involved with her son, which will happen sooner or later, you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>17322836
you can't be helped. i really hope she has now finally seen trough you and your immature behaviour and starts to distance herself to protect herself and her son.
>>
>>17322837
>>17322842

Yeah, I'm the idiot one in here, as always.

Ah, well, I'm too pussy to end this. I hope she finds a true, strong, man so she can leave me alone.
>>
>>17322830

btw I'm 22 and she's 27. She looks amazingly younger though.
>>
I'm an 18-going-on-19 year old single mom of a 9 month old, however, even though my son doesn't spend much time with his father, i and his father are basically best friends.

I also have a boyfriend who is very accepting and caring of my son. However, there are times, and my boyfriend understands this, that my son takes up all my heart and attention to where sometimes i don't give my boyfriend attention. Times where i feel like my son is the only boy i need. Being my son, he takes up a GREAT deal of my heart/love/affection to where i don't always have extra to give to my boyfriend. That may be what's happening with her. But it's always temporary with me, then i go back to drowning my boyfriend with love and affection because i know he needs and very much deserves it.

On the other hand it could be the fact that you don't accept her child (aka her world) finally setting in and her detesting you for it. I know i would. Her child is a vital, the biggest, part of her world and if you don't want involvement with her kid at all then you don't really want involvement with her. Pretty inconsiderate and close-minded on your part though. Cut it and let her find someone who will love and nuture her and all that comes with her
>>
>>17322933

Ah, yep, I completely understand that. I'm probably indeed immature and still struggling to understand that I will always become 2nd in this. Well, I do understand, though, but so much time without a single message, or date with her hurts a fucking lot.

The reason why I don't want to let her go is because I don't want to feel lonely again. Yes, really selfish. I'm not the kind of guys that approach girls easily, not at all.

My ONLY issue with her is her being single mom. Yes, yes, I'm not man enough. Otherwise I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER and even start a family when the time feels adequate.

But I, personally, can't do that because:

>>17322831
>>
Please just leave her alone dude
>>
Wow OP. You're really complaining that she doesn't take you seriously anymore, when you are the one who said you didn't take her seriously to begin with? And now you are the one who is butthurt about it? Hilarious but sad.

Just fucking decide if you want a serious relationship or no relationship because those are your options right now. if you really love her, then step up. If not then leave her alone, it will be better for both of you. She doesn't sound like she's trying to make you her son's father, she just sounds like any other woman who wants to fall in love again and just happens to have a son.
>>
>>17322983
okai!

Tonight I will break her heart just because you told me. Good advice. She's the one that tells me"don't in love with other", "I don't want this to end"., Etc.
>>
>>17323006

Thanks, greatest advice in this thread. I'll decide then.
>>
>>17323006

shit, i just forgot something that will change the course of this thread:

SHE FUCKING TOLD ME SHE DOESN'T WANT A FATHER FOR HER SON.

Now what should I do? Why is she still with me???
>>
What we're saying is best for you and her. Regardless of what either if you WANT
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.