[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I move to a decent city from a small as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (577 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
577 KB, 849x565
How the fuck do I move to a decent city from a small as fuck shit town? It feels like there's nothing I can do but save a shit load of money and go there and probably blow it all and just come back home after. I don't have any skills because of this place the only thing there is to do is cut trees or milk cows and everyone I know that cuts trees still has to go hours away for it.

I can't fucking live here, there's no jobs, no opportunity, there's no girls, the bars are all shit and just play country music and has fat chicks and rednecks everywhere. I literally don't need anything to live I just want out of here, I don't care if I sleep on a couch sharing an apartment with 3 other people with no food tv or internet just Jesus Christ this place sucks
>>
are you that one asshole?
>>
>>17322550
that's what an education is for anon.

i don't necessarily mean college/university. it could be a trade or a skill. something you are capable of or possess that can generate income.

save up money for roughly 6 months of expenses in a new town/city and just go. work your ass off till you stabilize.

or keep bitching in bumblefuck and end up with an overweight wife that you take to country bars.
>>
>>17322566
So just put myself in debt and waste more time here for a maybe career?
>>
>>17322577
welp, see you at the bar every Friday to Sunday for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17322595
I have some computer skills can't I be an administrative assistant or something for awhile until I specialize in a trade. I'd rather take a trade out in a city then have some unqualified redneck teach a program and then find out the training excludes a bunch of shit you need.
>>
>>17322577
ever heard of helpx/workaway?... look into it watch thumbs up dave choe.. stop being a bitch.
>>
newsflash: the grass isn't greener

cities are expensive, noisy, and can be an absolute pain in the ass with things like traffic and crime
>>
File: nicedubsntrips.jpg (24 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
nicedubsntrips.jpg
24 KB, 472x472
>>17322555
Yeah he is
>>
>>17322577
>So just put myself in debt
Ideally, no. Education, whether vocational or academic, ought to be cheap at community colleges. Do it a little at a time if you have to. Avoid the big for-profit certificate mills/bogus tech schools/online 'universities', and start working or apprenticing in your desired field while you're still in training and you ought to be able to afford it.
>and waste more time here
If you're investing in your future by learning how to do something you can get paid for somewhere else, I don't think that's a waste.
>for a maybe career?
Again, ideally not. Should be for a definite career. Think carefully about what you might actually want to learn how to do.
>>
>>17323028
>>17323028
This.

Everything is expensive, so the extra cash you earn goes to paying for housing and food.

I live in a tiny apartment. I could have gotten a house with a lawn for the same price on the contry side.

I still only date fat chicks. Moving to the city didn't change my attractiveness to women.

City girls are catty and judgemental, they sleep around and never stick with anybody.
>>
File: pc5dnkycB.jpg (20 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
pc5dnkycB.jpg
20 KB, 693x693
>>17323099
Life just sucks I guess
>>
File: atgjgegqai.png (808 KB, 1080x1836) Image search: [Google]
atgjgegqai.png
808 KB, 1080x1836
Why are kids from small towns always so bitter?
I literally dream about spending my days in the sun. If I could somehow make a living out there I'd go for it
>>
>I want to spend twice as much on housing and never find a parking spot again in my life
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.