[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I kill myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1414742983852.jpg (216 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1414742983852.jpg
216 KB, 2560x1440
I feel like a burden and a parasite more than anything else. I haven't accomplished anything.
>>
Killing yourself is never the answer even if you truly believe it is.
>>
>>17321997
I know this sounds emo as all hell, but with death being inevitable, it's kind of hard to find a reason to keep going. Everyone else I've talked to feels that the transitory nature of life gives them more reason to live. I don't understand that.
>>
>>17322002
OP by the way.
>>
>>17321993
And if you check out now, you never will.

>>17322002
This is a childish view. "I know X is inevitable, why try?" This is precisely your attitude.

Well so what? Sure, death is inevitable. And literally everyone knows this. Do you see them all giving up? No. They are all trying to beat the clock, get the most out of their ephemeral blink of existence.

It isn't about what you do or what you leave behind. It's about enjoying what you have. If you have nothing, go find something that makes you happy. That is what life is about, a struggle for happiness.

So, the question now is, what are you going to do, you silly little doomed person? Give up before looking for your happy moments? Or grab life by the balls and go for it?
>>
>>17322024
I don't think it's childish, but thanks. I've just never understood that view. After death, you won't remember anything that happened in your life, good or bad.
>>
>>17321993
But isn't the feeling of completely giving up good? doesn't it mean you can start over? you know deep down maybe you just want to restart. I know this sounds like philosophical crap, but might there be a possibility that you can find yourself again?
>>
>>17322025
I mean what I said. It is the mentality of a child. An adult will happily make multiple attempts to solve a problem, because they have the critical thinking required.

A child gives up after the first failure far too often.

And giving up is fine, but life is a one-off. Is it worth to check out over such a stupid reason?

Let me tell you a story. I was 18, and was essentially in your exact shoes. I was on the verge of giving up on everything. Relationships, job, school/uni, it all seemed worthless. Then I got a total shock when I met someone who made me happy. I fell in love with her, and she became my reason to get better.

I got treated for depression, and the difference was extreme. That's why I think it is a childish notion - because I am on the other side of it.

Trust me when I say second chances are worth it.
>>
If your only alternative is to mop around and cry over your poor little self till you're 80, then yes
>>
>>17322032
I'll take your word for it. I'm being treated for depression, too. Thanks anon. Good luck to you and your SO.
>>
>>17322037
Cheers, and I wish you luck as well. And good to hear you are getting treatment. Don't be passive about your treatment by the way, make sure you are getting help every step of the way. If your shrink ignores you, find a new one who won't. If the meds don't work, request new ones. Fight to be better, don't just take a "wait and see" attitude.

Because being healthy is absolutely worth it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.