[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only reason I want to do stuff is to impress other people.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 900x900
The only reason I want to do stuff is to impress other people. Having a hobby, dressing well, even sex. If I didn't have the motivation of impressing people, I'd just sit around and jerk off all day and browse the Internet. Does everyone feel this way? If not, is it something you're born with? Can one learn to be passionate about something?
>>
I get you. Sometimes when listening to music I think "If this girl knew I like this band, she'd like me" Or I just start listening to some other bands just because I want other people to think I'm cool.
Or sometimes I post where I am with my friends, or something on facebook just to get likes from certain people.
I try not to do that anymore.
>>
Is there something other people do that impress you?
>>
>>17321604
Have their lives together, oh and doing things because they enjoy them and not caring what anyone else thinks. Their coolness just seems effortless.
>>
>>17321589
Can confirm. I have no motivation for impressing people and I just sit around and jerk off all day and browse the Internet.
Also, I've never had social media.

>tfw you're actually very passionate about many things, none of which involve other people
>>
>>17322113
It's effortless after you pick up the pace. There's no magical way to wake up one day and bam "I'm the cool guy now". Force yourself to do things that you think are cool and stop doing what you think is not.
>>
>>17321589
I was like that when I was younger. You're seeking the approval of those around you by constantly trying to impress them.

Doesn't really work. Those people won't be there when your shit hits the fan.
I recommend doing some character building. Travel the world with a backpack. Climb a fucking mountain.
Ditch the high school mentality of trying to "fit in" and be someone everyone loves.
>>
>>17321589
It's okay Tristan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.