[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /adv/ I have been high for about 2 weeks straight. I bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1429702768264.jpg (37 KB, 670x496) Image search: [Google]
1429702768264.jpg
37 KB, 670x496
So /adv/ I have been high for about 2 weeks straight.

I bought a THC vape thing and have just been going at it. My life is boring, I'm a college student on break, can't find a job but have actively tried to, I just ain't having it.

Being high is a lot more enjoyable than being sober. No contest.

However, I haven't smoked for about 2 days tho
>tired as fuck, slept 17 hours today
>no appetite
>do stupid shit like put car keys in pocket, immediately start to look for car keys
>no desire to leave bed
>have no desire to keep doing the hobbies I used to do daily

How long do these things continue for? I take Anxiety meds, is it possible the THC doesn't mix well with the meds?
>>
>>17321563
It's just an effect of smoking, the major side effects wear off after a couple weeks; but the short-term memory loss and lack of desire to do anything persists for longer. I haven't been able to stop smoking for longer than a month so I can't say much more than that from my experience.
>>
>>17321578
Well shit, then this isn't worth it. I made music and learned languages for fun but now I don't even have a desire to get out of bed.

Fuck this bullshit, might as well switch to shrooms or something. I haven't tried anything else, any recommendations?
>>
>>17321582
shrooms are fine every once in a while; I wouldn't treat them like weed. If you're using shrooms for the first time, find a friend who has used them before to watch you and see how you are. You could potentially get in some fucked up situations otherwise. Chances are your dealer knows where to get some, they aren't terribly hard to find.
>>
>>17321685
>dealer
>friends

Where do I find these things?
>>
>>17321563

I really can't recommend cutting down your weed intake enough, even if you're bored.
Unfortunately weed has gotten a reputation of being harmless, it's just not the case with heavy use. I've seen this with many of my friends or people I've met.

At any rate, I don't believe that the effects will last forever, just don't smoke until you're back to baseline.
I also wouldn't recommend binging on mushrooms, possible persistent visuals will be much worse than being a bit tired for a couple of days.
Using drugs as a crutch for boredom just isn't a good idea in general.
>>
>>17321705
Good advice.

>drugs not being used for a boredom crutch
Yeah but I fucking hate my life anyway. School kept me busy enough to not focus on the depression but now I have nothing. I'll just stop for a while and hopefully my hobbies will pick back up.
>>
In the exact same spot, OP. It's almost scary how close this is.
>>
>>17321578
No.

>>17321705
No.

>>17321563
>I take Anxiety meds
That's it. I know from experience (a close friend of mine's) that getting high while taking medication that influences the same neurotransmitters as THC does really ends up messing you up in more ways than you can even account for. Stop vaping until you are off the medications for good, otherwise your life will be hell. Also, stop listening blindly to fools who say weed have horrible side effects and that it will gradually make you a lesser person in any way, that is just not true, unless the amount you consume daily is extremely ridiculous. I'm not asking you to believe me on this either. You should fucking do your research before consuming anything in your life, especially when it's a drug and even more so when you are taking medications for your fucking mental problems. How stupid can you be?
>>
>>17321785
>how stupid can you be?
Dumber by the day

Nonetheless, I appreciate the words. Thank you.
>>
>Run from THC as fast as you can, it is a gateway drug that leads to unprotected sex and genital warts! Not only that, it will make you obese and instead of working, you'll stand in line at the marijuana dispensaries trying to suck cock for hits!

Get the fuck out here with this anecdotal bullshit. Show me a study on THC that says any of this is remotely true, please? You can't because there are none.

>but that D.A.R.E PSA says blah blah blah
It sure does, look at the funding source.
>>
>>17321817
I'm pro THC, but what the fuck are you doing man?
>>
Don't head down this path, OP. Weed is a fun and fairly innocent drug, but it's not harmless. (Though I agree that these side effects are not normal just for having smoked pot.)
I'm Dutch and quite experienced with potheads, in fact I smoked too much for around five years myself. It absolutely beats alcoholism, but in the end it doesn't really matter whether it's physically addictive or not. If you smoke a lot sober life will become even more of a drag, and weed makes you complacent and unambitious at least looking at the short term future (and you can keep up only focussing on the short term for a long time).

There's nothing wrong with enjoying weed, but there's a difference between going the extra mile on some nights and actively getting into a drug because you are bored. That is pretty much begging to create an unhealthy fixation. The people who deal with weed (or alcohol, for that matter) the best are those who are fairly indifferent towards it and place a lot of importance on other things in life. (And not just in theory.)
>>
>>17321832
erm ..?

>sarcasm
rebuttal
>bad source
rebuttal

Can you read, pro-THC-anon?
>>
e
>>
>>17321785 here.

Holy fucking shit. How many of you are going to pop out of your retirement homes in Model Citizen Town to talk about how weed is harmful as fuck. I don't know why, but this shit thread is driving me crazy. You come to talk about how cannabis (or THC, in this case) is harmful if consumed in excess or whatever, but so far none of you fuckers have even mentioned his undergoing use of psychoactive medications. It's like you didn't even read his post, or worse, you fucking looked over that because all you want to do is talk shit about weed. Fuck you >>17321578 and >>17321843 (and >>17321705 slightly). Give advice where you are capable of giving advice. If you consider yourself capable regardless, at least encourage the receiver to look into his problem instead of playing the all-knowing truth bearer.

>>17321856
Your post just felt really out of place, like you were talking to no one at all.
>>
>>17321859
Because it is as you say, I am experienced with weed use not just personally but in many people around me, and I would know nothing about psychoactive medication like OP is taking. I would not be happy to start something like that, but then again I haven't had anxiety issues so it's not my place to tell OP that he should refuse/reconsider medication for it.

And for the record, what I (and I think others) responded to is not that he bought gear and is enjoying getting high, but the fact that he himself lays it out as some sort of escape plan because he does not enjoy his life.
>>
>>17321859
It pretty much was. I saw where the anti-THC and usage of anecdotes were going so I intervened with some funnies.

The fact of the matter, I opted to do a paper on marijuana in college and found there are very few studies on marijuana/thc that is not biased. All studies have to approved by the D.E.A, which inherently makes the studies being approved bias and presents a conflict of interest as they also control marijuana's placement/scheduling in the controlled substances act.

Even their directors, who run marijuana farms, such as the guy who runs the marijuana farm in Oxford, Mississippi, can do little than give anecdotal evidence (which is hearsay) on the effects of marijuana.
>>
>>17321563
The fact that you noticed you have no desire to do anything means that you probably shouldn't continue this behavior. You're gonna need to do some soul-searching and long hard thinking to yourself if you want to continue down this path.

Look man. Go out, take a walk, ponder the opportunities that await you and try to get a job when you think you're done with this phase you're going through. I just recently had to cut back on weed because I'm searching for a new job and will likely be tested. It sucks, I know so be prepared.

Good luck with your anxiety problems man.
>>
>>17321866
True, he did give some indication that he was vaping out of boredom, which I think is stupid as well, but while the reason is not the best, it does not (in my opinion) invalidate the usage. The problem is not smoking out of boredom, it's not doing shit after you start smoking as well, but from OP's post I assume he was bored but still maintaining healthy and fun habits, such as music making and language learning. Also, if you're still reading through the thread OP, I wouldn't recommend mushrooms while you're taking the meds. You could look into that, but I don't think there's any heavy psychoactive or hallucinogenic drugs you can safely take right now. I might be wrong.
>>
>>17321582
You could try microdosing lsd, look it up.
Downside, it's hard to get, 1p-lsd is 'legal', you could try it with that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.