[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being Stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1372381219003.jpg (6 KB, 240x182) Image search: [Google]
1372381219003.jpg
6 KB, 240x182
Around two years ago I dated this girl for about three months. It was a shit show. I was going through depression and stress from questioning my vocational and educational choices and wasn't really there for her at all. She liked me a lot, deep down I liked her, but it just didn't work. She ended things one night by saying I was horrible (true) and to never speak to her again.

I followed what she said and slowly forgot about her. Three weeks ago I was walking downtown with some friends and I saw her across the street. Even though it was a busy night, we definitely both saw each other and stared at each other for a few seconds before we went back to whatever we were doing at the time.

Last evening I sent her a text congratulating her; a painting of hers was in a local fancy gallery. She immediately responded half a second later with a very curt thank you and letting me know this wasn't the first time. We made small talk about her art and the conversation grew a lot warmer. Not once did she make it known communicating wasn't a good idea. I let her know her favorite band was on shuffle that afternoon and it made me think of her. She said it was very sweet.

Basically, I asked her if we could start talking again because I miss her. She asked why I was contacting her again (e.g. if I was horny and was trying to booty call) and asked for an explanation why I was so shitty back in 2014. I told her that it wasn't an excuse for my actions, jsut that I was having trouble and shouldn't have let it mistreat her like that.

Last thing she said last night was "I'll let you know" re: us talking again.

I'm a very assertive and headstrong person, waiting around for something isn't my strong suit but I would like her and I to be friends again. Do I just completely wait and not open communication again or in a week or so ask her to join me for a casual lunch?
>>
Anyone?
>>
Let a week pass and ask her for lunch. I she gives you a wishy-washy answer, then wait another week and ask her out again.
If she does the same thing, then forget about it.
>>
Give her some time, it seems like she is still carrying some resentment. With that said I think it's totally appropriate and reasonable to message her in a week for lunch if she hasn't sentry you a text in the interim
>>
>>17321597
>>17321599
Alright, this seems reasonable. I hope she doesn't think I'm just desperate and want to try to tap that again
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.