[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Double standards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 640x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 640x810
I've always have a trouble understanding the double standard between men and women concerning sex. Why, when a man has sex with multiple women or scores/flirts with multiple women, it's cool, it's admirable, he receives praise even. However when a woman does likewise--scores/flirts with/has sex with multiple men (sometimes with even one man if he's not a boyfriend) she's a slut. I'm a slut for loving sex as much as a guy?

I guess i'm a slut

I don't get it man.
>>
*had trouble
>>
>>17321155
Men gain sex through conquest, manipulation, and/or effort, while women simply have sex by opening their legs and giving a man permission to touch them. Also, you have a uterus. You're capable of being knocked up meaning you have an added responsibility that men don't necessarily have to worry about. Who you select to spill baby gravy inside of you (even if you are using protection, accidents are known to happen) has an effect on all of society.
>>
Women are the sexual gatekeepers, a woman who is not choosy about her mates shows she has poor judgement.

Men on the other hand are designed to fuck anything and everything to pass on their genes. So, a man who gets a lot of tail is successful.

It's basic biology.
>>
Besides the very basic evolutionary differences that have been explained which have influenced us on a biological and subsequently cultural level, another point that I'd like to bring up is I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAY THIS. The only times I ever hear about this double standard is when people are complaining about it's supposed existence.

The way it usually works in real life is non-promiscuous guys and girls like other non-promiscuous guys and girls, while they see promiscuous guys and girls as sluts.

Promiscuous guys and girls like other promiscuous guys and girls and see non-promiscuous guys and girls as prudes/losers.
>>
I could just as easily say

>why is there such a double standard? When a man sleeps around, he is called a letch, an objectifier of women and irresponsible, but when a woman sleeps around, she is called empowered, independent and free.

You've seen this sentiment before, so don't bother claiming anyone is more or less opressed because it's all subjective anyway.

If you are so bothered by people thinking poorly of you for your lifestyle, that probably because you agree with them on some level or you're not entirely comfortable with your lifestyle

Its your problem, so don't go off on society
>>
>>
Wow. This was actually hella insightful.
>>
For women, having a child is a massive investment. They have to undergo pregnancy and be physically impaired for months, then nurse for months to years afterwards, and raise a child by feeding them and such afterwards. Women must be selective so that their children have the best genetics. A woman who is not selective is a failure - her children will not be as genetically fit so her time and resource investment is less likely to pay off. Further, a woman cannot have a child more often than more or less once a year. That means that the one child they can have better be a good one, and if it doesn't survive, then a woman went through tremendous risk and energy for essentially nothing.

For men, the total investment is the energy to produce the jizz. A man who has many children has far better chance to pass on his genes, and a man can have about as many children as there are women willing.

As a result, men who have sex with many women are viewed as desirable because they are objectively evolutionarily successful. Women who have sex with many men don't care about the genetic content of their children, producing poor offspring which is frowned upon.
>>
>>17321155
Ppl r ppl. If they like sex they like sex. The only prob i have is if sum1 is 14 and already on number33
>>
>>17321155
You don't have to care about double standards but being with a male slut isn't smart either.

How can you trust him to obey you if all he has in his head is sex? Not usually husband material.
>>
https://youtu.be/7FawuGVLFQ0
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.