[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Sup /adv/, I've been thinking a lot about starting over again, or rather just starting.
I'm from Italy, I'm 19. My life is average at best, no real friends, family is hot garbage (drunken father and non-existant mother) - I inherited through some ways a decent amount of money and I plan on using them to start my life. I wanna go live on my own, get a small apartment, and work on my passion (videography). But I've also been planning a trip, my first one off this shitty land, either to Tokyo or New York. I plan on moving to New York (or the United States) in a few years anyways, like most youngsters do. This country is falling apart, everything good we had has been sold or has been destroyed, there's nothing for me here. (This is what many young people think, and they fuck off as soon as possible).

Now, do the math. I have cash (22000$ give or take), I'm sick fucking tired of this cancer country and my family (I'm living on a couch and all my possessions are in a corridor of my father's house as we speak), I wanna move to the U.S asap and I wanna work on my career there. Should I just do it? I won't leave much behind, aside from my best friend.

I could live off the cash I have for a few months, and then I would find a job, even the shittiest one would be fine, anything's better than here. Should I just do it?
>>
New York is way too expensive (housing, food, education you'll be paying for - unless is public-) why don't you move to LA or San Francisco. Also, speaking about the "jobs", try working on something you like, so you can turn into a happy person, I'm assuming you're sad as you want to fuck off from Italy and because of your fammily history (no offence intended). Remember, money runs out fast and try to have a coupe of grands saved for an emergency. Good Luck!
>>
>>17321176
>NY is way too expensive
>Why don't you move to LA or San Francisco
>San Francisco

Come on b.

22k won't last you long in any of the three cities mentioned above. I mean, this is assuming you're like most young people that try to move somewhere and end up essentially just taking an extended vacation and going home when you're broke.

Do it if you can secure a decent living arrangement and a way to make money while there, videography related or not. Seriously. If you don't find an income, you'll be back in Italy in a few months.
>>
Op here

>Also, speaking about the "jobs", try working on something you like, so you can turn into a happy person
That's what I plan to do, I wanna move to NYC and start working as a videographer, eventually get my way up to become a dp. It's gonna be tough, but I better start soon.

I haven't been happy for a long time, too much pressure from my family. I won't continue on this because this would become a r9k thread. I think that moving there and starting a new life would make me happy.

>>17321196
I wouldn't just go there and chill until my money runs out, working would be a top priority (also because I'm technically an immigrant until I can secure myself a position) - but are there any cheap ways to live in nyc? LIke, some very small rental houses or something like that? I really don't know much about how the technicality works, just really fell in love with the place in various ways and I wanna fuck off from here asap.
>>
>>17321116
The only way you can get into the USA is on a tourist visa, which has a time limit and specifically forbids you from working.

The only way you can get a visa that enables you to work is to have a job already lined up before you travel, and then your prospective employer has to provide evidence of the solid job and proof that you're not stealing work from an American.

You're living a fantasy if you think you can just move to the US and begin a career.
>>
File: 1467098176079.gif (130 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1467098176079.gif
130 KB, 190x190
>>17322179
This.

Op is a dreamer, a cocksucking dreamer.

How about actually using that money and start your own business in your country? Or at least putting it to better use.

Don't bother coming to Tokyo, it's hot and humid and if you want work here it will be as an English teacher. There isn't much demand for Italian, but you can get pussy quick assuming you're half decent looking and white.
>>
>>17322195
Why do all Asian countries demand a degree for teaching English? I really don't want to do a 3 year degree learning the intricacies of discourse, phonology, and psycholinguals to go back to teaching people what a verb is; it seems asinine.
>>
>>17322195
>implying you're not an angry weeb neet who lives with his parents
Do I even need to reply to you?

>>17322179
>what is a green card
>what is a temporary worker visa
Do your own research before shitposting here.

>>17322200
it is what you have to do if you want your weeb fantasies crushed, Japan is nothing like what you see in your shitty anime, you better stay in your third world country and wash dishes like you already do, there's nothing for you there.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.