[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best paying job I can get with only a high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: diploma.jpg (50 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
diploma.jpg
50 KB, 600x437
What's the best paying job I can get with only a high school diploma?
>>
Honestly depends on where you live and if you have any technical/valuable skills.
>>
>>17320934
I'm in the Houston Texas area so there are plants and such nearby. So I've thought of applying to those, but I'm not too sure how or what positions.

As for skills, I've worked in retail the past 3 years so I'm good at customer service and I'm pretty good at typing.
>>
>>17320919
Forklift operator
>>
Self employment.
>>
>>17320968
are you open to getting additional vocational training? There is a serious need for skilled welders, plumbers, electricians etc. You may need to apprentice, but once you complete it you make pretty good money and you wont have to look hard for employment.
>>
>>17320968
Anon here;
You could look into HR since it involves a lot of typing and relations I other people. Manual labor always exists as a place to start if you're at a loss.
Taking up an apprenticeship/internship at a technical place (like a mechanic) might be a good idea.
Or just stick to retail. Car dealships can make mad money but it all depends on how many you sell.
>>
>>17320978
This. My cousin who tried and failed to get his GED 3 times is a welder making over $40 ph.
>>
>>17320919
Star your own business.

Is something missing in your town? Find out why and starting importing it and selling.
>>
File: 1466410627309.jpg (25 KB, 216x395) Image search: [Google]
1466410627309.jpg
25 KB, 216x395
>>17320919
Look into the skilled trades good sir.
>>
>>17320978
How long can training take? Would I be paid for training? If not then can I keep working my current job while I get the training?
>>
Go work at Costco you weenee
>>
>>17320919
Construction tbqh. I see fucking mexicans building houses. Seek out a private, small company. Get paid under the table. This should be thought of as training, and not work. Learn as much as you can. Plumbing. Electric. Learn to work as many tools as you can. As much machinery as you can. Followed up by a few quick and cheap training courses, you're looking forward to charging $50 an hour for simple work as a private worker.
>>
Crime scene cleanup.
Body guard.

Reactor diver but they only let you do it a couple times
>>
>>17320919
I dropped out of highschool sophomore year and I've had the same full time job for almost 10 years.

Now it's the family business, don't know if that helps.
>>
>>17321053

it depends on the program. You'll need to look into what's offered in your area. My brother went this route and he worked nights while he was apprenticing. I'm not 100% clear on the details since it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure you can work at the same time if you schedule around it.
>>
>>17320919
Whats that thing that you do better than anybody else? That thing that you love doing and want to improve unconditionally all the time?
>>
>>17321174
I like improving my learning of Japanese. I like improving my physical capabilities through exercise. I like improving my vocabulary through reading.
>>
>>17321214
Everyone can do exercise or read a book, I was talking more like the first one.
Try to profit out of that. Even if it doesn't look like something that could make money. Try to get a job that involves your predilected skills.
>>
>>17320919
Military.

Who can feed, clothe, house, and give you confidence but the military?
>>
>>17320919
Go out to high-end bars and start making connections with powerful people.
>>
>>17320968
get in one some of that sweet texas oil
>>
>>17321214
You sound like me, I do all of those too. I recently graduated from high school and don't know what to study in college or what to do after that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.