[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INFJ career advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1424207905554.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1424207905554.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
Occasional lurker and first time poster here. I'm an INFJ, and I'm about to start the last year of my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at a top 10 university.

I know I don't need to have my life totally figured out now, but I'm struggling to find a career path that really excites me. I want to be part of a project that directly and positively affects the lives of other people. I'm also really driven by seeing the big picture in things and how my work serves some higher purpose. On the other hand, systems development is really interesting to me, even though its impact on the lives of people is indirect.

Honestly, I'm stressing out a lot over this. Every day I find some new field of computer science that sounds right for me, but then after a few days I throw the idea away because it's either a) not directly bettering the lives of others or b) not something low-level.

So, do you guys have any career suggestions for a STEM-oriented INFJ? I'm also very passionate about music, and I'd love to be part of something music related that betters the lives of others, but I'm not sure how many options there are out there for that in software development.
>>
>>17320815
>INFJ
Oh god, another one of these idiots.
>>
I'm INTP/J and sometimes ENTP. Going for Economics. Want to work on a big company and then join the EU Parliament next to based Farage.
>>
>>17320823
Well, it may seem silly to take a personality test to figure out more about myself, but it has definitely helped.
>>
>>17320815
I would do a little research in under-developed countries and see how you can apply your knowledge in those specific areas, if that is your goal. There are plenty of ways to do it, from electric grids and broadband, to streaming cultural events (music).

Systems development in those countries, especially in regards to electricity, has a huge human impact and may tickle both your fancies.

There's always the Peace Corp, too. It'll give you an opportunity to give back to the world, then you can go off to your career knowing you've helped do something good.
>>
I'm a Taurus. Based off this totally all-encompasing, legit description of my personality, what career would suit me the most?
>>
>>17320842
Doing systems development in an under-developed country sounds alright, but I also want to make a comfortable amount of money. I'm also not sure how I'd do in a foreign country.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.