[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend is suicidal. At first I thought he was trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x378
My boyfriend is suicidal. At first I thought he was trying to break up with me when he started to tell me that I should see other people and a lot of other scary things. Today we had a long conversation and I realized it was because he is planning to kill himself. I have no idea what to say or do, I can only cry my eyes out.
>>
>>17320795
Talk to his parents or tell him to find help.
>>
>>17320830
He hates his parents and wants nothing to do with them and refuses to go to therapy. I'm always asking him to go back on medication but he says he doesn't believe in it. I feel so helpless because we're in different countries at the moment.
>>
>>17320843
well then, talk to someone you both trust and can actually help him.
Or even more easy, find a new bf already instead of dating a pussy twag.
>>
You need to be with him, this long distance shit is bullshit.
>>
>>17320850
I can't break up with him, I'm super attached to him and I don't think I can find anyone else like him. If he kills himself I'd end up killing myself as well.
>>
>>17320863
have you even met irl?
>>
Call 911 or the cops.

He'll get the help he needs or he'll be cured of his attention-whoring.
>>
>>17320862
I'm with him half of the year and we skype 2 times a day, I don't think it's a problem. I don't want us to be long distance forever either.
>>
>>17320867
We met in highschool
>>
He NEEDS professional help, the most you can do is get that for him.
>>
Coming from someone who has been in his shoes? CALL SOMEONE. Police, suicide prevention hotline, absolutely anyone that has a hope in hell of working.

I very nearly went through with it, and because I was stopped I am now happily living with my gf, completely cured.

He needs help. And part of the sickness is refusing help. If you want to help him, you are going to have to be forceful, because otherwise he will lose something precious.
>>
>>17320875
Why?
>>
>>17320899
How did you become "completely cured"? are you on meds? How were you forced to get help?
>>17320924
We fell in love and he was already enrolled in a school outside of the country, we both couldn't let go because we're emotional wrecks.
>>
>>17320975
How far is he? And how are you a wreck?
>>
>>17320981
He's a 9 hour plane ride away. I'm a wreck because I have anxiety and frequent panic attacks. I'm also very sensitive and I cry all the time.
>>
>>17320975
I ended up on suicide watch, was put in the local hospitals psych ward, and by the end of my stay I had a new shrink and different meds. The combination of being able to voice and work through my issues, mixed with the right type of antidepressants, and I am no longer depressed, let alone suicidal. It did take close to a year to get back to normal though (and for the record, I was also in an LDR at the time, and it wasn't the cause of the depression, but did exacerbate the moodswings pretty severely.)

Anyone who claims it doesn't work either has shitty doctors, or isn't trying hard enough.
>>
>>17320989
That sucks, tell him how much you love him, and that you can't be without him. If you manage to spend some time with him you can get him out of that state of mind, doing things like going to the Mall, park, beach, and etc. Get him to enjoy life with you.

Are you prescribed medication to help with this? You definitely should if you aren't.
I don't know much about anxiety and shit because I have never suffered from it. What's it like?

That doesn't matter, a lot of people are sensitive. Just means that you have feelings.
>>
>>17321006
I get to be with him in a month, hopefully I don't lose him before then.

As for my anxiety I feel like I can't breathe, my heart beats fast and I get shakey, sometimes my hands lock up and I can't move them. I get like this over seemingly normal things like entering a shop or posting something on facebook. I'm not on meds, I know it's hypocritical of me since I'm telling my boyfriend to get on them, I'm not doing as bad as him mentally though.
>>
>>17321039
Good! You need to be there for him. Please listen to the advice I gave you and get him to do fun things with you, and just make him feel loved, start talking to him now and telling him how much you wanna see him, and etc.

Talk to a doctor, they can really help you out with that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.