[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 28 year old male. I've never had a girlfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 13723017073621p.jpg (124 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
13723017073621p.jpg
124 KB, 2000x2000
I'm a 28 year old male. I've never had a girlfriend. Tired of this shit so start learning pick up. Attempted to ask a girl her number today. She was a cosplayer in an anime convention. I'm not too bad looking but I'm extremely awkward.

>ask to get a photo
>get photo
>jumps in front of her all of a sudden and say "Can I get your number too? :)"
>says "I don't give away my number."
>walk out like the total beta fag I am.

I know I have to build rapport first but I tensed up because I know she's busy with photos and shit. And then I totally lose my composure and fucking spill my beans.

Help please. I want a girlfriend.
>>
Did you actually think she'd give out her number to some random guy with whom the only interaction she'd had was him asking if he could take her photo?
>>
>>17320765
No I honestly didn't. I just spilled my beans bro and I admit it. I need help with this. I think it was impromptu because I have never asked a girls number in my life
>>
>>17320757
You did fine. Keep it up.
>>
I attempt to ask a second girl for her number as well but this time I asked her Instagram first and then I was all "and your phone number?" she says "just DM me" I guess it wasn't a total fail right?

I keep on asking the phone number so fast. What can I do to just talk casually?
>>
>>17320807
Also what can I possibly dm this girl to save the situation?
>>
Where you went right

Your execution, what you wrote sounds alright

Where you went wrong

Unless she was giving you signs you shouldn't of asked in that setting. If I wasn't sure if she was into me I would try to bump into her abit later at the convention and strike up a conversation. Depending on how that convo went I would say something like.

"Thanks for the picture before but I gotta get going now, we should continue this chat another time "

Depending on how into me I feel she is would determine if I get her to punch her number into my phone or I would give her my number on a peice of paper and make my leave. Have both ready and don't ask be confident she will take the paper or give you her digits

Keep some mystery and let her know you have other shit to do and your time isn't free.
>>
>>17320757
> I've never had a girlfriend. Tired of this shit so start learning pick up.
Great way to protect your virginity.

You're not going to pull off the pick up faggotory without having certain initial experience of interacting with people, and it's not something you're going to learn by starting with it either.
>>
asking for a phone number off the bat is a little much.
when im at parties and i talk to a girl for a little while then ask her for her snap or insta its a little less serious and gives you more wiggle room when speaking to her later especially with snap chat cause of photos and word count it makes things light and fun
>>
>>17320757
if she pulls the i dont talk to strangers beta crap then that means ur fucking ugly
>>
Make a profile on okcupid and then message tons of girls. Try about 5 to 6 back and forth messages before asking them out to lunch or coffee or for a beer something casual. Even if shot doesn't work out you need to practice talking to girls cause God damn what you did was omega level shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.