[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weak and suicidal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: loadstone1969.jpg (126 KB, 630x600) Image search: [Google]
loadstone1969.jpg
126 KB, 630x600
For the past four years I've avoided relationships to work on myself and at beginning of the year I finally felt confident enough to put myself back out there. I ended up dating a girl for four months who emasculated and emotionally abused me just about every time we were together. I had no idea why I was with her but I ran with it. We broke up at the beginning of April, and ever since then I haven't been able to regain that confidence I had. I feel like so weak all the time and too emotionally fragile. It's made me completely help myself. Its gotten to the point where I think about suicide on a daily basis. I went to therapy for a few tries but the therapist sounded like a robot reading from a prompt and it just didn't help at all. For the past month I've been talking to this wonderful, beautiful girl who is certainly interested in me, but I no longer have the confidence or strength to make a move on her. The only time I feel good about myself is when I'm around her, which makes me think I shouldn't be around her at all and just figure out what the fuck is wrong with me. I unfortunately don't have any friends to console in, as most of them have moved away or I am too afraid of appearing weak to them. What do I do? I feel like I'm caught in a hurricane of negativity.

pic not related, just a really good album
>>
>>17320626
You should examine why you were so unconfident with yourself that you let yourself get abused like that man. I'm not saying the previous relationship was your fault, I'm just wondering why you didn't get out of it sooner which means you have some self-esteem issues. Pinpoint why. Is it your cock size? Your future prospects not looking good?
>>
>>17320631
I'm not at all self-conscious about my looks or penis size (lol). In fact, my looks and vanity are probably one of the only things I'm confident about. I just feel like I'm too weird to be around people. I'm a very quiet person. I feel like since I'm a man I'm expected to just be confident, funny, and suave when I feel just the opposite all the time. I feel like as a person I'm just shit, even though I haven't done any wrong to anyone maybe since high school (8 years ago)
>>
>>17320631
And my future is pretty bright as well. I just feel completely lonely and don't really have the confidence or strength to let anyone in my life
>>
>>17320641
Sounds like general inexperience since, as you say, you've been avoiding relationships for the past four years. You're already learning that if one broad don't work out, there will be others like this beauty you mention. Take her on a hike or something; involve her in one of your hobbies. Just play the game of relationships man, you're learning all the curves, nooks, and rules.
>>
>>17320626
You need to seek the Lord and read his word.
>>
Get comfortable with yourself before you introduce the added stress of another girl in your life. As cliche as it sounds you need to work on yourself. Go do something different, get a new hobby, go work out, just do something outside the norm. Until you can let yourself go and just be happy with you then relationships will not work.

What's going on with you in terms of education, work, interests/hobbies etc? Is there any dissatisfaction?

You said your last girl emotionally abused you, you felt like less of a man? Have you tried working out? could help you feel tougher; I started attending a rock climbing gym after my last gf broke up with me, really helped me to work out the frustration, plus I really enjoyed it. It's a thought
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.