[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is first cousins once removed (aka first cousin's kid) considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Is first cousins once removed (aka first cousin's kid) considered "too genetically" similar that it is not worth risking the chance of mutated kids? Because I don't mind marrying and having kids with her if it isn't the case since we have a lot in common

> she dresses in girl versions of clothes that I wear
> she is qt even without makeup
> she thinks out loud just like me

Also

> she is similar age as me
> we both have different last names so outsiders and possible kids we may have won't question too much about it

Though all that said if it isn't a problem our family may not understand it so we may have to marry in secret
>>
>>17320447
>we may have to marry in secret
What, and keep it from them for the rest of your lives or something?
>>
It's not a big deal if it happens once, it only becomes an issue when it's a societal norm. Yeah you have higher risks for lots of deformations but in most cases that would look like a .3% going to .6% so hardly something to throw away a life over if this is really what you want.

Having said that your reasons sound fairly... pragmatic, more than completely sold on spending your life with this person. Surely you can find someone else who you find cute without make up and who shares similar habits with you. If anything I wouldn't worry about birth defects but about how your kids will feel once they find out that their parents are related - there is a stigma and because of the long term dangers, incest disgusts a lot of people.
>>
Have you heard of anal sex?
>>
>>17320447
Depending on what state you're in 2nd cousins would be legally considered incestuous and unable to marry
>>
>guiltydog.img
>>
>>17320447
>Is first cousins once removed (aka first cousin's kid) considered "too genetically" similar that it is not worth risking the chance of mutated kids?
lol

people have such ridiculous ideas about inbreeding it's fucking incredible.

Even if you had a kid with your twin sister, it probably wouldn't come out "mutated". Inbreeding only carries dangers when it is practiced generation after generation.
>>
>>17320464
It can work since they are not the types to ask "why aren't you marry/have kids yet" and even more so if we move out of the state/country. Also her mom conceived her at a party that she blacked out at when she was a teenager so even if her mom ask she could easily say "I don't know" which is not only a vague answer (as long as I'm not physically present when she ask her) but she would more than likely assume she did what she did before and not ask any further
>>
>>17320588
How old are you?
>>
>>17320594
Why would that matter?
>>
>>17320618
Your evasiveness of such a simple question suggests that you know it's a big factor. How old are you?
>>
>>17320622
Well then 26 which is the age when most of my family already have kids/got married so if they haven't breathed down my neck yet of why I'm not hitched/have offspring then they wouldn't later anyways
>>
>>17320560
>inbreeding only carries consequences when it is practiced generation after generation
Which is why it should never be normalized. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>17320588
What, so you're planning to never visit family together? As far as your family is concerned, you'll a lonely bachelor and your cousin will be a single mother who conceived her child when she was drunk? And then did it again if you have multiple children?
>>
>>17320447
>considered "too genetically" similar that it is not worth risking the chance of mutated kids

You can fuck your sister and it still won't raise the chances of mutated kids. It's second generation and beyond of incest that creates fucked up children.
>>
>>17320669
>What, so you're planning to never visit family together?

We barely visit family together anyways even with major holidays. Last one was 5 years ago and that barely happened

> As far as your family is concerned, you'll a lonely bachelor and your cousin will be a single mother who conceived her child when she was drunk? And then did it again if you have multiple children?

As messed up as it is, if it comes down to it then yes but it is not like my family doesn't have a lot of skeletons in their own closets that can't be brought up if they start probing or being aggressive about it
>>
>>17320729
So what happens when your cousin takes along her children to visit family and they start asking where daddy is? That doesn't exactly tie in with the whole 'I'm too much of a degenerate to know know who the father of these kids is' thing
>>
>>17320739
> So what happens when your cousin takes along her children to visit family and they start asking where daddy is? That doesn't exactly tie in with the whole 'I'm too much of a degenerate to know know who the father of these kids is' thing

How it doesn't? All she has to say to kids or family while visiting family is "I don't know where he is" and she wouldn't be technically lying since there is no way of her knowing I'm physically at all the time and the family will just fill in the blanks on their own since they don't have the mindset of an investigator/cop/lawyer/collections agent to ask for details
>>
>>17320792
>where's Daddy?
>why didn't Daddy come with us?
>I want to see Daddy
>I want to go home to see Daddy
>Daddy says/does XYZ at home
Yeah, easily explained. There's no way that your family would start questioning whether she actually knows who the father was.

All it'd take is someone from your family getting the kid(s) on their own and start probing them for the whole story to unravel.
>>
>>17320447
Yes, you're too genetically close.
>>
>>17320811
The questions you presented that the kids may ask can be satisfied either before or during the trip there

> All it'd take is someone from your family getting the kid(s) on their own and start probing them for the whole story to unravel

True that is if they bother to ask beyond her. They typically don't
>>
>>17320906
>The questions you presented that the kids may ask can be satisfied either before or during the trip there
What?
>>
>>17320906
Kek, you've never interacted with kids beyond cursory interaction, that is very plain to see.

Get this fantasy out of your head or cut off all ties with your family. One or the other.
>>
>>17320560

>Inbreeding only carries dangers when it is practiced generation after generation.

People usually have exaggerated assumptions about the dangers of inbreeding, but you've gone too far the other direction.

As identical twins would have the same gender, and be incapable of mating, we can assume you're talking about fraternal twins, one boy and one girl. But fraternal twins are no more genetically similar than regular brother and sister. So why make them fraternal twins?

Anyway, a brother and sister having kids does carry "dangers," as they will have a reduced number of unique genes. As they share both of the same parents, about half (on average) of each sibling's DNA would be made up of genes the other also had. For any offspring they had, for one quarter of those genes (on average), the child would inherit the same gene from both parents. Where a child normally has the added protection of two sets of genes, different sets from each parent, so if one is defective the other can be used, the sibling-sibling child has a much high risk of inheriting two bad copies of a gene.

This translates into a marked increase in health problems.

It's true that cousin-cousin pairings generally take a long time to cause significant genetic problems, sibling-sibling pairings are likely to have problems in the first generation.
>>
File: FidZknJ.gif (2 MB, 270x279) Image search: [Google]
FidZknJ.gif
2 MB, 270x279
>>17320447
shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,shame, shame, shame, shame, shame, shame,
>>
>>17321925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxgxNEMJlHM
SHAME SHAME SHAME
>>
File: zVFaug.gif (659 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
zVFaug.gif
659 KB, 320x179
>>17321925
A SINNER COMES BEFORE YOU!
>>
File: aVXWYX8_460s.jpg (13 KB, 200x230) Image search: [Google]
aVXWYX8_460s.jpg
13 KB, 200x230
>>17321925
MAKE YOUR WALK OF ATONEMENT!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.