[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the thought that nothing has any value?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1460193696808.jpg (70 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460193696808.jpg
70 KB, 720x720
How do you cope with the thought that nothing has any value? Literally I've been thinking that there are 6 billion of us out here and we as mankind just look like a dot if you looked from far enough. It has gotten to a point that I feel like dying is a way out from this nonsense. Don't get me wrong, I would never take my own life but I was just wondering if anyone else out there has this way of pessimistic thinking and can lend a hand? Thanks in advance.
>>
>babby's first existential crisis
>>
>>17320322
This. Sorry bro, but you're gonna have to start reading Nietzsche in coffee shops now.
>>
>>17320309
Wow, youre so deep, mature, and smart for having an existential crisis. I bet nobodies ever had one of those before dude, you should write a book about it really quick and make serious cash.

Anyways, its common. We just naturally become self aware, and it sucks. I think about it literally every night before I go to bed.

Ultimately you just have to decide what it is you want to do in life. Do you want to work hard and slave over stupid Government Jobs to become rich and well known? Or will you smoke pot and bum around working $7.25 an hour, only to drink yourself to death at age 29?

You have all control over how your life goes. If you feel like shit is worthless and existance is dumb, how about you step off your computer and go walk around in some Nature? Maybe go further than 5 miles from your house? If youve experienced nothing yet, how will you know 'its all pointless man we all die man no use'
>>
>>17320322
Well my old pal you may be right. I was just looking for other people's thoughts on this, I am not bragging. Just looking for other people's view so I can paint a picture. Thanks for bumping anyway.
>>
>>17320309
Don't play to the minds needs. Play to the body's needs. Exercise and use nutrition. Do physical shit for this physical existence. Bam.
>>
Hate to burst your bubble OP, but we're at about 7 and a half billion, not 6.

Also enjoy high school.
>>
>>17320309
How do you handle not being able to ever run a large company? You dream of it and no matter how impossible it seems, you will chase after it with less doubts.
How do you deal with feeling small and hopeless in this world? The same way, step up your dreams or just bother with other thoughts.
>>
>>17320344
OP here. Kek, I didn't mean to look edgy or some shit but I think thats what people got from my text. Thanks for advice.
>>17320372
I knew I got something wrong when I was writing that but couldnt put the finger on it. Lol.
>>17320353
Hahah thanks
>>
>>17320344
>Wow, youre so deep, mature, and smart for having an existential crisis. I bet nobodies ever had one of those before dude, you should write a book about it really quick and make serious cash.
>>17320322

>Wow, this dude on the anonymous board just opened up about his existential crisis, that is legitimate and normal for every inteligent person. He didn't write anything edgy or bragged, instead he asked for help. I will buly him.

Seriously, you guys are assholes.
>>
>>17320309
Also meditate. I learned that meditating means just accepting things if you probably can't change shit. Like if you are falling off a cliff, that is the best time to meditate. Just accept shit. Stop thinking about alternate realities. We live in a fantastic fucking time with technology and all these advances. We have very smart people walking with us, before us, and probably after us.
>>
OP here. Thanks for advice guys, it really warms my heart to see that people here help me when I talk about this instead of saying "dont be such a puss" like some of my friends do. I appreciate it :)
>>
Hey, OP. Sounds like you're a Nihilist now. Nothing wrong with that. If that's disappointing to you, I'd encourage you to look into Epicurean philosophy. Just because life has no meaning doesn't mean you can't have fun. Best of luck out there, buddy.
>>
Finally, welcome! Us humans are too prideful and self absorbed to admit our fragility and unimportance. The sooner we realize it the sooner we get peace, because in the end we all die, no matter what. We make up heavens and paradises to avert us from the unavoidable kiss of death, but for all we know, once we die, that's it, no heaven, no hell, nothing. Nothingness. Non-existence. You become a name that the wind blew away. This should give you peace, because you should cherish your life and do whatever makes you happy for as long as you exist so long as you don't make others existence miserable. If something makes you happy, do it, if you don't like something, say it, if what you desire is to leave a good future for the genartions to come, good, then work your ass off if you want, but don't waste your energy searching for something that isn't there. We are all unimportant compared to the vastness of the Earth, let alone Universe. Live, make the most of your free time, so when your end comes near, you can look back on those things. We can not change the past, we can't do evertyhing perfect, it's just a waste of time to cry and cling to the past. Live OP, LIVE!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.