[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a message that you could leave your parents & friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Hippopotamus_in_San_Diego_Zoo.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Hippopotamus_in_San_Diego_Zoo.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
Is there a message that you could leave your parents & friends that would make your suicide way less painful for them to bear?
>>
Make it look like an accident.
>>
>>17319329
Say really nasty things about them in a way that makes you look like as asshole without putting blame on them
>>
Please don't kill yourself. It is stupid, it is pointless, and it will harm everyone who cares about you in deep ways that they will probably never fully recover from.

Do yourself and the world a favor, OP. Please? Call a suicide hotline. Then see a psychiatrist. Maybe start seeing a therapist. Get the help you need.

Here is a list of suicide hotlines by country: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
Here is a guide to dealing with suicidal thoughts: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
Here is a guide on how to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Here are some tips on finding a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
And here's a mental health chatroom that I go on (it's a bunch of mentally ill people who talk about stuff, not anywhere that you can go for professional advice): http://theircvillage.com/chat/

Remember, OP: Even if everything feels hopeless, it isn't. Hope is there, and it's real, even if you can't always see it. And remember that you're strong -- no matter who you are, you've been through bad things before, and you'll get through this one. It's going to be okay, as long as you can come out of all this alive.

And you're not alone. I've tried to kill myself; I've been put in the hospital because of stuff I did because of depression. I went three and a half years of severe depression without any treatment, and it completely fucked me over and almost killed me. You might feel like your life is ruined, or it's already over, but it isn't over until you're dead -- as long as you're alive, you can continue on, make things better, but if you're dead you can't do jack shit.

I'm sorry that I can't help more; I don't always have the right words. But I do hope that I can help enough.
>>
"There will certainly be days worse than these. But a beautiful truth remains—there will be better days, too." -Brit Barkholtz

I use this quote a lot when talking to suicidal people, because it is true and because it makes me hopeful that there's a better future even when it's dark inside my head and I can't see it.

You are strong. Things will get better, as long as you keep trying. And you are not alone.
>>
>>17319348
>>17319354
What if things have happened that have changed you, to such a drastic extent, that you do not like the person you've become, nor can it be overcome?
>>
>>17319362
That doesn't mean that they have. Mental illness and trauma can both change you, but that doesn't mean that the things they tell you are true.

You don't know that it can't be overcome, honestly -- and these kinds of things, they can take a long time to overcome, and progress isn't always obvious. You don't have to be this person that you don't like, but you might need to see a therapist or something first who can help you process what you've been through and grow into the person you actually want to be.

You might have to go through a few therapists before you find one that's actually helpful, so don't be afraid to change one if what you're doing in therapy isn't working out.
>>
>>17319373
Why did your attempts fail? Didn't /really/ try? Got caught? Just curious.
>>
>>17319348
>>17319354

Thank you for this post. In my current situation I've only been considering suicide as an option as I don't feel I have the physical nor the emotional energy to keep doing what I'm doing. Nor the time to recuperate before I become a huge disappointment to everyone I know.

I haven't sorted it all out in my mind yet, however, was wondering whether there's any sort of an understanding I could reach with the closest people to me that I'm depleted and that I was too weak to live in their world.
>>
>>17319384
I have dysgraphia and don't know how to tie knots.

The hospital thing was about self-harm, not suicide -- I only tried that once. Once was enough, though; suicide sucks.
>>
>>17319391
Ah, alright.

>>17319388
I've been chilling around /adv/ for a few days anon, I'm quite sick. It makes me tired all the time, and there's a strong risk I'll die before I turn 25. I'm haunted by things that I simply cannot come to terms with, and I'd rather die sooner than later because this way I might get to enjoy myself a little before hand.

I know how it feels, feeling too weak to be alive in this world. People are so cannibalistic, it feels devoid of love, and like a career rat race that I simply have no place in.

There's no softening the blow, I don't think. I'm going as far away as possible, I'm being generally aloof to them. I don't think it's fair for them to be the ones that find you, if you're going to do it.
>>
>>17319388
Honestly, the best thing that you can do is get a diagnosis and get treatment. My family didn't take my illness seriously until it was properly diagnosed (which, unfortunately, caused it to take way longer than it should have for me to get that diagnosis.).

"I couldn't do that because I was ill!" makes a lot more sense to people than "I couldn't do that because I was too weak to deal with that shit at the time". People who haven't experienced mental illness have a hard time understanding it, because they don't understand that it's just like a physical illness.

http://thrive.uk.com/blog/2014/7/29/5-ways-to-explain-your-depression-to-a-loved-one has some decent suggestions, too.

>>17319407
I wish you well, anon. And I hope you die long after 25, heh.
>>
>>17319429
If I get it fixed, I've got 6 years of being less than I should've been to make up for, nah... I'm done.

But OP you should listen to this guy. Mental illness is like physical illness, you can get it treated. I dunno what's dragging you down, but find yourself some love. Find friends you can laugh with, people you can hug, people you can share stories with.. If you need some help to do that, then take the help.

Live for the love of the expected and the surprise of the unexpected.

Anyone who goes through something rough and works to make it so other people don't have to do the same is a pretty good person, if you ask me. I think Fly has your interests in mind.
>>
>>17319429
>>17319445
Thank you both. I will look for help.
>>
>>17319445
Why does it matter who you should've been? You've never been that person. Maybe you should focus on the person you want to be today -- not the person you wish you were yesterday.

I know I sound like a fucking motivational poster that belongs in a Human Resources cubical, but it's true.

>>17319450
I'm glad. I hope it goes well for you!
>>
>>17319487
I was that person for a little while.

My health went up and down. I messed up school for a while, I thought it was anxiety and depression problems, but to be honest maybe it was just this sickness creeping up on me.

At 18, I went all in, went back to school and worked hard. Hell I even did my best to make sure everyone else in the class passed too.

I don't have that strength anymore, mentally or physically.

In fact, the older I get, the more broken I realise my views are; I'm not growing into a nice person. I don't think I have the power to stop that either.

So even if I live, I stand odds to become a pretty shitty person, and that's if I can catch up on the stuff I missed.

I think I'm ok with this outcome. At least I am right now. Maybe I'll be crying in a woods somewhere before it's all over, but I understand that's a part of this path.
>>
Apologies and explanations won't work. You have to make them think you are crazy, and therefore nobody is responsible so nobody has to feel bad. Say your head hurts all the time, think you have a tumor, scared, can't sleep, hearing voices, really just can't handle the stress... They'll think you are health victim and will be sad to lose you but glad your pain is over.
>>
I'd be inclined to make it look like an accident. Go to a party destination, get a hotel room, trash it and make it look like a party had taken place, and then OD on heroin.

If I were going to do it and leave a note I'd make up a lie, like I'd been raped and I'd spent all my money on anime figurines.

Equally, if you're concerned that your family will be upset then it's quite likely they might be able to help you.
>>
If this is about a girl/guy, please DO the world a favor OP.

Stop posting and go right on ahead.

Nobody will miss a whiny little shit like you.

If it's not please disregard my msg :-)
>>
>>17319675
No, not really. It's a combination of making a few wrong choices in regards to career, doing a couple of bad turns, wasting a lot of time and money that weren't mine to waste, and not being capable of finishing what I started due to unrealistic requirements. Now I'm left with no money, no practical skills and no idea where to start looking for something appropriate for my age (29+) that would let me pay my parents off a little bit of what I spent. Oh, and no real energy to keep going due to being mentally ill, I guess.
>>
>>17319696
I'm literally the trash of the world, but am also afraid that if I keep trying I'll waste even more resources.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.