[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are INTP males screwed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
>be intp male

From 16Personalities:
"None of this is to say that these relationships come easily to INTPs – they are shy and withdrawn individuals, and getting out and meeting new people, risking rejection and making themselves the center of attention in emotionally delicate situations are far from being their strengths. It is more likely that INTP personalities will leave a trail of breadcrumbs for a potential partner, allowing them to make the first move and committing to their partner as an act of reciprocation rather than bravado."

Sounds like a valid strategy if you're a girl, if you're a guy that shit just screams beta and is a one way ticket to forever alone land.

How do I find an ENTJ alpha woman to be my dom?
>>
Myers-Briggs is the reddit intellectuals equivalent of a horoscope
It is utterly meaningless, stop paying attention to it, go out and quit being such a giant fuckin bitch.
>>
>>17319225
>Myers-Briggs is the reddit intellectuals equivalent of a horoscope
>It is utterly meaningless

Why?
>>
>>17319209
>Are INTP males screwed?
No, but they do have to fight their intuition in this specific case. That strategy is indeed a bad one. But the solution, while not particularly easy, is simple: find and use a different strategy.

The problem with the strategy given is the ubiquitous common practice of insisting that the guy make the first move. This was once done out of social necessity: for the woman to make the first move simply wasn't acceptable. Those days are over, but the practice has continued as a simple, effective, and extremely efficient anti-creeper heuristic. It neatly filters out those who are too unstable and anxious around women to make any noves at all, with zero interaction overhead. It's not a complete solution -no heuristic is- but it's a good first line of defense. It flags some false-positives -nonthreats mistakenly treated as threats- but this is considered acceptable collateral damage.

The heck of it is that using another strategy doesn't actually circumvent it. If you can stand to make the first move, then you are (as far as this heuristic is concerned) a nonthreat, and therefore would be misidentified by it anyway. So you're not stepping around, you're stepping through.
>>
>>17319225
This right here.
>>
>>17319235
I wish I was a girl, live would be so easy.
>>
>>17319209
Kek. Have you read the one for INTJ?
Now THIS is screwed:
>significant details that INTJs are likely to dismiss prematurely, such as human nature
>Needless to say, finding a compatible partner is the most significant challenge most INTJs will face in life
>Sentiment, tradition, and emotion are INTJs' Achilles Heel
>INTJs' propensity for frank honesty in word and action tends to violate this social contract, making dating especially difficult for them
>INTJs may never be fully comfortable expressing their feelings
>may spend more time theorizing about intimacy than engaging in it
>when it comes to emotional satisfaction, INTJs are simply out of their element
>The positive side of INTJs' “giving up” is that they are most attractive when they aren't trying to be attractive
>Allowing others to come to them is often INTJs' best strategy
The advice is literally "just give up and hope for a miracle".

As for your situation, see >>17319235. As a male, you can't expect any woman to make the first move. But honestly, that post assumes too much about their thought process: most are typically just too afraid and conflict-averse to do so. Just like you, OP.
They've faced the same problem as you, but their solution is "do nothing", since it's the considered a man's obligation.
You just have to realize this. Sometimes society forces us to do certain things. Assigns us certain roles.
We never asked for this duty, but we don't have much of a choice in the matter.
Even if the aggressive, dominant role doesn't come naturally to us, we have to play it, because it's the role we've been assigned to.

Take comfort in the fact that it's only temporary. You don't have to keep it up forever, just long enough to get the relationship started.
>>
>>17319209
Just because you read that you are INTP and INTP people have these issues is no reason for you to force yourself to act like that because "lol im intp guise!!!1!!"
>>
File: tumblr_o2ckx3QjQq1snjlvfo1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1279x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2ckx3QjQq1snjlvfo1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1279x1920
Those letters are about as scientifically valid as a horoscope.

You're no more screwed by being "INTP" than you be by being a Gemini.
>>
>>17319225
I'm a supposed into and agree with this.
>>
File: ForeverAlone.png (72 KB, 633x613) Image search: [Google]
ForeverAlone.png
72 KB, 633x613
>forever alone land
I miss this meme.
>>
>>17319233
Because you can have 5 of the same personality type end up being completely different people with almost nothing in common except for their answers on the test.
>>
>>17319233
Because it was invented by two housewives who had no psychological training whatsoever. I'm a psych major, and no one credible will use the Myers-Briggs test. It's total bullshit.
>>
>>17319363
>first move

Can someone explain to me what making the first move is? What is the first move for a guy?

Recently I thought I made all the first moves and yet it feels like I'm still not being obvious enough.

I mean fucking hell, what does a guy have to fucking do!?!?!??!

No wonder so many call rape, considering that anything less than TOUCH EVERYTHING NAO is considered too subtle.
>>
>>17319508
But if you want a more specific answer, it has little test-retest reliability. You can take the test today and tomorrow, and get entirely different results.
>>
>>17319235
>Those days are over, but the practice has continued as a simple, effective, and extremely efficient anti-creeper heuristic. It neatly filters out those who are too unstable and anxious around women to make any noves at all, with zero interaction overhead.

So in other words, guys with social anxiety are creepers and fuck them, right? Is that what you are saying?
>>
>>17319540
>So in other words, guys with social anxiety are creepers and fuck them, right? Is that what you are saying?

Yes, exactly.

Guys that can't get with a girl are damaged.
>>
>>17319235
I like how having any social anxiety immediately makes me a non-human.

Just gotta get rid of some of my human emotions to be human I guess.
>>
>>17319547
Good bait, much more subtle than calling people autists or spergs.
>>
>>17319561

Men are hunters, who need a guy that can't hunt? Nobody. You're doing the world a favour by taking yourself out of the gene pool.
>>
A lot of people on 4chan get incorrect results on their personality type because they're NEETs and barely leave their house.

If you're in UNI or a WORK PLACE and you get INTP, yeah you might be screwed.
>>
>>17319508
so what's a better alternative?
>>
>>17319566
The bait is getting really obvious m8
>>
>>17319576
Oh fuck I just looked it up, I´m INTP and I go to uni, etc. Never had a gf though, even though I am decently attractive. Fuck my life, why has everything to be so unfair?
>>
>>17319564
It's true though. But just because you're damaged doesn't mean you can't fix it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.