[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working from home.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
How to get a good translating/writing job online?

Even if I got less than minimum wage I don't care; it's the comfiest job I've ever seen and I want to be part of this. The problem is that I fell for the memes and I only have an English degree and no experience save a lot of training on my own and small things I did for free (but no proof I actually did them)

So far all the offers I seem to get are shady as fuck and without contract. How can I get good at this? Once I get the job it's fairly easy, but having to look for it is hell.
>>
>>17319176
Bump
>>
>>17319176
I've seen mturk thrown around as a site which pay for writing, but I've heard that the income is quite low, barely worth doing unless you're a shutin or want to make $2 while watching a movie.

I might have an idea for you. What country are you in? What's your degree, specifically? What are you qualified to do or are good at, specifically?
>>
Just google for websites that hire freelancers online. I think it wont be that bad for you since you already have a degree and if you dont have experience you can do simple shit like being a volunteer for an ngo that requires translators or get an intership somewhere.

I, a translator myself, have discovered that getting online jobs isnt that difficult (its just scary). Recently I signed in into upwork.com and I already got my first contract. So... if a translator from a shitty third world country like me can get a job online you can do it as well.
>>
>>17319176
Start a blog, interact with other bloggers, etc, supplement with a YT channel or something. It's much more profitable in the long run than freelancing.
>>
>>17319818
In Spain now. Got an English degree and I'm good at translations. I've done a few on my own and the pay was ok, but so far I find it hard to find a stable source of work, or at least a reliable one.
>>
>>17319900
Can you give me an email to contact you directly to talk about this?
>>
>>17319943
[email protected]
>>
>>17320011
@mail.com?
>>
>>17320019
Alternative to outlook and gets a bit less spam.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.