[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to fix nocturnal sleeping pattern?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: ride.jpg (57 KB, 737x691) Image search: [Google]
ride.jpg
57 KB, 737x691
After doing irregular nightshifts for a while (no longer doing so) my sleeping has adjusted quite well to that type of pattern.

Although, i have stopped taking those shifts, and i have been unable to get my body back into a normal sleep routine. This is messing with me quite a bit, since during the normal week i am back to having a day schedule, and as a result i am getting far less sleep.

To make matters worse, by the 4th, it is absolutely imperative that i get up in the morning hours and to have had enough sleep to be able to function properly.

Yesterday i woke up at 6:30pm. I think on average, people are awake for around 15 hours. This would result in me becoming tired naturally around 9:30am EST

Would the best thing to do be to stay awake as long as i can right now, past 9:30am and hopefully try to fall asleep around the evening, perhaps at 6:30pm? Then after that, gradually increasing the time i fall asleep to a later time, such as 10:00pm?

This would mean i end up staying awake for 24 hours, which isn't too fun or healthy, especially when i still have things i need to focus on today.

Would the better choice be to try and fall asleep asap right now, and maybe get a short amount of sleep today and set an alarm, then gradually decrease the time of that alarm until it's at a normal hour of waking up?

The second option seems like it would be ideal, but the circumstances of needing to have this sleep pattern completely fixed by the 4th kind of makes it more difficult.

I'm not sure what to do. Please help me guys.
>>
Well, the time is coming close to where my decision will make a difference. Any advice anyone?
>>
>>17318979
I have the same problem, somebody help.
>>
>>17318981
OP here.

Decided i'm going to go with first option since it seems the most logical in my situation
>>
You should try those polyssomic sleep schedules. There are some that the sleeper sleeps for like four hours during the night and takes 20 minute naps along the day.
>Never did it, since I'm afraid it will take my lucid dreaming abilities from me.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.