[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend for life has been into boxing for about as long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maaesg.gif (1 MB, 290x260) Image search: [Google]
maaesg.gif
1 MB, 290x260
My best friend for life has been into boxing for about as long as I've known him, which is like 10 years. I have been into chinese martial arts for only the last three years. I only see it as excercise whereas he talks about making it a career. I've gotten pretty good and long story short he suggested we spar. I agreed thinking it would be a fun and casual little bout. Well, he was really serious about it and I ended up knocking him to the ground, right in front of his judgmental, asshole dad too. Since then he's been really distant. I've tried apologizing, I've tried encouraging him to keep training, I've tried explaining that I don't want this coming between us, but I still feel this space. Goddamn, did I just alienate my best friend over a stupid fight? How do I fix this?
>>
>>17318630
Spar again and beat him again. Nobody so sensitive should be a professional fighter. Beat it out of him.
>>
File: 1425415693676.gif (3 MB, 395x540) Image search: [Google]
1425415693676.gif
3 MB, 395x540
>>17318643
He's always been passionate about boxing to the point of borderline elitism. I think it was a huge shock for him to realize that his style has exploitable flaws. I just wish he would learn from the experience and not take it so personally.
>>
>>17318630
Fake and gay
>>
>>17318630
Tell him that if there are no rules in fighting, it's not a fair fight, except for a street fight. For it to be a true duel, he'd have to fight another boxer, not a guy who practices Kung-fu.
Or you could let him beat you in front of his dad (but not too hard or it will be obvious). Staging this would be good.
>>
>>17318858
But he swears up and down boxing wrecks in a street fight.
>>
>>17318630
Fake. I've fought a HUGE range of people throughout my 7 year boxing life. I'm actually more proud of my work outside my competitions and tournaments. Among those were many different martial artists. Among those was a world class fighter in "Chinese" martial arts. He was a gold medalist in different parts of the world and in multiple martial arts. He was heavier than me too. I sparred with him. I didn't beat his ass. I couldn't spar him seriously because of how sad it would've been to take advantage of someone so vulnerable. It wasn't even a competition. It was like how I spar with kids when I coach to help condition and train them. Chinese martial arts aren't special. Boxing is known without a doubt to be the absolute best fighting style for standup hand to hand. You're a fedora tipper. Kill yourself.
>>
>>17318900
I didn't choose it to learn how to fight. I don't know, my buddy might just be bad.
>>
>>17318885
Oh, and by the way, I've asked street fighters who practice martial arts, and people who don't do boxing as their primary art and they've all said boxing is the best for street fights. I used to think otherwise until speaking to them. Kicking and take downs just aren't very practical in the street. If you put a boxer up against mma on the street the boxer would win simply because mma cant be executed in the streets. Of course, it can be executed on people who don't train, but what does that mean? Not much.
>>
>>17318906
Unless your friend has a record of fucking 0-15 I seriously doubt he wouldn't be able to take you in a sparring match. Seriously. I've sparred MANY martial artists. MANY. They simply can't measure up to any boxer who has even the slightest fucking idea as to what hes doing along with some experience. Your story is bs
>>
>>17318912
Never been in a street fight so I'll take your word for it. I'm just saying that reassuring him by saying it wasn't a fair fight won't make him feel better.
>>
>>17318919
He has no record. He just trains at a boxing gym.
>>
>>17318926
Your friend is a pretentious autist then, what the fuck? So you're telling me he's been doing this for ten years as exercise? Because if he's not competing then clearly he isn't doing it seriously. Sorry buddy, but your friend isn't a boxer, just as much as you aren't a "Chinese" martial artist...just saying.
>>
>>17318926
Are you two rednecks by chance?
>>
>>17318932
I don't know, man. Tell him that. I can only answer for myself and I do it for exercise, not fighting. Why are you so mad?
>>
>>17318935
We do happen to reside in the American south but I wouldn't really consider us rednecks...
>>
>>17318900
As a boxer how do you feel about kickboxing? Where I live there are a few kickboxing places but no pure boxing ones so I don't have much of a choice.
>>
>tfw Muhammad Ali got owned by a wrestler in less than 15 seconds
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.