[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday I bought nicotine gums for a person at my workplace.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1457703354385.jpg (230 KB, 2702x1826) Image search: [Google]
1457703354385.jpg
230 KB, 2702x1826
Yesterday I bought nicotine gums for a person at my workplace. Actually I'd a crush on her and she smokes cigarettes and maybe wanted her to quit smoking. I don't know what she thought but yesterday when I offered her the nicotine gums, she said she don't like it and complained to my boss. What do?
>>
Stop infringing on her lifestyle, it's creepy. She's an adult, so let her make her own choices and leave her alone. You should apologize after some time has passed.
>>
>>17318410
B-but I like her, Anon.
>>
>>17318416
So? To her you're some guy who's telling her how to live her life. It is kind of creepy and you should apologize. (Not that anon btw)
>>
>>17318485
>telling her how to live her life.
I never told her that, just that I think smoking cigarettes might kill her and no one want to see the person they like die of cancer or heart diseases.

>you should apologize
Why would I apologize if I know what I did was right?
>>
>>17318573
Not previous anon but,
>right
You aren't in a position to decide what is right or wrong. If this woman wants to smoke then let her. You sound like you're trying to justify changing her so she could be deemed fit as someone to date.

Totally creepy and you should just give her space. At least for now.
>>
I don't think you were out of line OP. Maybe you should just leave them on her desk or consider buying her an e cigarette with a few different flavors.
>>
>>17318573
>no one want to see the person THEY LIKE die of cancer or heart diseases
OP you're saying that you don't want her to be healthy for her own sake. You're saying you have a crush on her and it would be a shame FOR YOU (Bane) if she died. You're looking out for your own interests brosive
>>
She overreacted imo. However its not up to you to decide if she should quit smoking. You either take her as she is or move on.
Your personal beliefs give you no right to try force them on her even if you deem them to be right.
Sorry anon but if you push the subject with her she will hate you and likely tell others how creepy you acted.
>>
Like did she tell you she was trying to quit smoking? Did she ask you to buy her nicotine gum? Has she discussed with you before about her smoking habits? Or are you just some fucking creep who went out and bought nicotine gum for this girl who you've never talked to before?
>>
OP just tried to become a guardian figure for a young woman who is clearly in need of help.

Don't worry dude, you did the right thing.
>>
>>17318410
>She's an adult

Adults normally aren't still in their oral fixation stage of development
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.