[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
get into nihilism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
hey /adv/
how can i get into nihilism? I mean, I can see that life is pointless and there is no reason behind anything and I can't actually control anything, but I cant accept it. One day I might think "ok whatever this is all beyond my control" but the next morning I will be again planning every step I can take to make that girl finally like me or whatever. I really cant deal with myself not having control but at the same time I know that I dont. any tips?

I already read Camos and Voneggut (whom isn't indicated for "baby's first existential crisis" but I think he is pretty good at it) and still can't change my mind
>>
>>17318350
Why the fuck do you want to?
>>
>>17318373
because I know I can't actually control anything and I'm just torturing myself pretending I do
>>
>>17318380
Don't be an ass, you can control plenty of things. You just mean you can't control everything. If that's enough to make you want to become a nihilist, then what you really need is to grow up.
>>
Sorry if I am preventing you from becoming a nihilist with this but I am a former nihilist since finding enough proof to believe in the afterlife.

Research Swedenborg.

Start with this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cokeville_Elementary_School_hostage_crisis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj9j6L694X4

These are miracles. But if you don't have a little trust then no miracle or proof of God will convince you. Which is why science/atheism blocks spiritual light, it prevents you from learning. Nihilism isn't so bad as long as you don't assume you know everything like an atheist.
>>
>>17318402
The idea that life is suffering and suffering is bad so life is bad, is flipped around when you get into Christianity. There are people who suffer and enjoy it because they love God, and when they died their bodies turned immediately to ash instead of decaying. For example, Alexandrina Maria Da Costa (Catholic) died on the same day as the miracle of Fatima and she spent her whole life in extreme pain. Yet she still was happy.
>>
>>17318389
yeah maybe I'm just too childish. Thanks for saying me that. But still I'm torturing myself with things I can't control for years and I don't know what to do to stop it

>>17318402
>>17318421
no problem man. however, I've been a catholic for a long time in my life but couldn't really get into it to. No offense but it just wasn't my thing. Thanks for the help anyway
>>
>>17318350
>>17318350
i dont believe in it
>>
>>17318452
You lack skIlls and discipline and haven't exercised the combination of the two enough times to show success.

Being a nihilist is for selfish little children that yearn for mommy's teat again. Get off your ass and control your life as much as you can. Control is real. It exists.

The other problem is that you're wrapped up in thinking that if you have enough control, you can dictate random events. This is a child's thinking. Or faggot who believe in entropic chaos theory.

Also, your image screams emo shit. You're not alone when you're birthed, from a technical standpoint. And, If you're not a complete fucking tosser, you'll have family with you when you die and that's a damn good way to go.

However, to answer your "what do"

1. Grow the fuck up
2. Get some marketable and transferable skills
3. Get a job and work the fuck out of it.
4. Eat healthy, enjoy work, stay in shape, and cultivate pleasures in your life by enjoying living
5. Dont be an emo fuck. The world has no place, time, tolerance, or use for that bullshit. Take that edgelord garbage elsewhere
6. Quit harping on the things you can't make happen. Finding a girl isn't the beginning and end of your happiness woes. Enrich your life. If you happen to find a gal , then great, but holy fuck...it doesn't dictate your life's direction
7. Be good to family and friends.
8. Get a damn dog
>>
File: 1467495647179-pol.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
1467495647179-pol.gif
490 KB, 382x498
>>17318350
Read Discordianism and Absurdism. The fringe philosophies are great and speak volumes.
Also read up on the Matryoshka brain theory and sub-atomic determinism. Information seems like it can be lost due to fuzzing. Our universe seems fuzzed and it seems there are "watchers" guarding chaos in our dynamic quantum system called the universe. Chaos seems as the perfect encryption method. Momentum and position is not and established state only temporal.
>>
>>17319321
thanks for the reply. however, I'm already at college and I have a part time job in my field. I also enjoy my time being alone playing video games/reading/walking around and have a lot of friends to whom I talk everyday. However, it doesn't help my anxiety... It looks like everytime I'm waiting for something to happen and it never does. I also try to make something happen and it usually ends in nothing, so I am just always anxious and feeling like shit
>>
I didn't read the thread, but to make knowledge stick you have to meditate on it, read statements of truth over and over, and write them down reworded. Basically you have to practice knowledge until it's instilled in you. You can't just read some wise quote on facebook, click the "like" button and be done with it. Life takes effort.

That brings me to my next point: nihilism does not free you from work. Knowing that nothing matters doesn't suddenly make you not have preferences. You're still gonna think "I wish I had a girlfriend" and that's fine. You're here, and you can either enjoy playing the game of life or kill yourself.

A side note: morality matters if you're gonna keep playing. Being an example of how you want those around you to behave sets a profitable precedent.
>>
I find Absurdism to be a pretty useful way to look at life, desu. That and some zen stuff. Sure, it's babby's first philosophy, but it makes sense to me.

You'll get a more thorough discussion about this on /lit/. /lit/ can be pretty good for discussions like this, spook memers aside.
>>
>>17318350
>how can i get into nihilism?

This proves you cannot grasp nihilism. IT either all clicks for you or it doesn't
>>
>>17319347
Is that pic a pepe? I can't tell.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.