[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am close to a possible job offer that pays almost twice higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I am close to a possible job offer that pays almost twice higher than my current salary. That would require me to start July 17th if accepted. First week of August is crunch time (last for 4 days) and they really really need me there for all 4 days. After crunch it's average work. I would feel like such a piece of shit if I leave early. My co-workers and my boss are absolutely amazing in every way. I couldn't ask to work for better people. I don't want to let them down. :(
But on the other hand I have this possible job offer that looks promising. Twice my pay! Excellent benefits package! Cheap apartments everywhere in walking distance!

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I have been nailing interviews far better than expected. I work and have experience in an industry with extremely high demand. It only took 15 applications to get this far. I was close to another offer in Colorado, but had to turn it down. I am thinking that I can do much much better. Maybe there is a silver lining in withdrawing my application and I am able to start the application process close to crunch time and being there to help my co-workers and boss.

They are trying to get confirmation to fly me in for an office tour and "leadership" interview next week. I have until next Tuesday to decide. I don't know what to do.
>>
What do you work as?
>>
>>17318271
Programmer
>>
Sometimes you just have to tell your boss you can only give a week. Make sure to leave them on a good note if you're set on leaving.

Whatever you do, don't leave the day before you take on a bunch of work and tell your boss you can only give a week's notice if it comes to that.
>>
You gotta do what's best for you. Your current job wouldn't think twice about canning you if they needed to cut payroll.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.