[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand women. At all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1453137533370.jpg (80 KB, 603x904) Image search: [Google]
1453137533370.jpg
80 KB, 603x904
>married for 5 years
>no kids
>suddenly decides she wants a divorce
>ask her if we can fix it
>no we can't
>okay fine. give her the divorce.
>insists on keeping my last name
>move out
>separate property
>separate accounts
>don't talk to her anymore
>still uses my last name

Can someone explain this shit to me?

What am I supposed to do about some dumb slut who divorced me running around with my last name like it's not a big deal?
>>
Maybe you just have a cool last name, OP.
>>
>>17318018
Yeah, no, I just think that women are fucking delusional.
>>
>>17318010
>What am I supposed to do about some dumb slut who divorced me running around with my last name like it's not a big deal?
She may prefer your last name or may not want to deal with the hassle of changing it (because it's not free unless you marry) until she gets re-married. Unless you made up your last name, it wasn't yours anyway. Other people that you don't know share it too, and they're a mix of good and bad people.
>>
She already has to deal changing it when she got married, why shouldn't she keep it and save herself the trouble?
>>
what's the name?

and it better be cool sounding now that you've built it up
>>
She probably feels like it's part of her identity now, OP. Even if she's not married to you, she was still that woman for five years and maybe she grew into it.

Also there's the factor of why change it?

You calling your ex a dumb slut over something so little, after you were married to her for five years, really shows that she probably isn't keeping it because she loves you. Get over yourself homie
>>
> when you marry someone, stay with her for 5 years and can't even understand why she divorced, why she wants your last name

Do you want us to ask her directly ? How the fuck did you get to live 5 years with her ?
>>
>>17318022
>>17318010
5 Years is a long time. Stuff gets hooked to your last name, and changing it means having to explain it, which could complicate stuff like getting jobs or applying for schools.

Take myself as an example. If I ever get married, I'm not going to take my husbands last name. I'm a published author, and have several patents, which make applying for jobs easy. If I change my name, potential employers who try to look up my accomplishments will see nothing.
>>
what's the name?
>>
>>17318033
>>17319095
It's nothing worth mentioning. It's something simple like Smith.

I don't want to say it on here, to make it more difficult for the CIA/FBI/NSA to put information into my file.
>>
>>17319123

My mom my kept my dads name when the divorced. It was an abusive relationship but they were married for over 20 years.

For her it was a professional thing. Everyone knows her as MRS XYZ so she kept it.
>>
>>17319123
Just say it you fucking cock, here's mine, Knight, my dad was a Knight and my mum a Watson
>>
>>17319123
>I don't want to say it on here, to make it more difficult for the CIA/FBI/NSA to put information into my file.
I would've divorced your ass, too. You sound like a bitter retard.
>>
>>17318023
>Other people that you don't know share it too, and they're a mix of good and bad people.
Why are you so sure of this?

This is only true if you happen to come from a common last name, not everyone does.
>>
>>17319129
>XYZ
That's the coolest fucking surname
>>
>>17318010
>falling for the marriage meme
I will never understand people like you.
The only reason she kept your last name is to remind you that she walked over your like a fucking mat.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.