[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving to another country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png (6 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
6 KB, 1280x768
Hey anons. I decided several months ago that I'd like to move to another country for a couple of reasons. The biggest is that my current home (South Africa) is a shithole and looks like it's only going to be getting worse.

So long story short, I've decided I'd like to move to Germany. How do I make this happen? Also, feel free to share any experiences you've had with moving to foreign countries.
>>
Find a job, get a work visa. There really isn't any way around this unless you marry someone from the EU.
>>
>>17317873
Learn the fucking language ASAP.
That's the bottom line.
Living in a foreign country is hard for everyone if you seem like an alien.

Learn the language. Make friends. Try to integrate yourself.

You do that, and it's good for both you and them.

Since you're a white SA, why not go to the Netherlands?
Afrikaans is 95% Dutch.

Or England? You obviously have excellent English skills.

Germany is a great place but why put yourself through increased difficulty? Maybe for the food and beer. Germans have good food and drink, that's for sure.
>>
Were any of your parents and/or grandparents born in the UK? If so, being that you're commonwealth you can move to the UK much easier than anywhere else.
https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa
It's the easiest way to another country in your shoes. If not, if either of your parents were born aboard, go to whatever country they're from because that's your best bet. Otherwise it'll be quite difficult to emigrate although it's not impossible. Look into work/education visas for Germany and any other countries you're willing to consider.
>>
>>17317919
I'm currently learning the language. It's tricky but quite doable, since I already speak two distantly related languages. (English and Afrikaans) English is my first language of course, but I can speak Afrikaans just fine too.

The main reason I've chosen Germany is that I have some friends in Germany that can help accommodate me until I've got my own place sorted out. The food and beer is a nice bonus.
>>
>>17317928
I don't know about Germany in particular, but in most countries they won't let you in unless you already have a job lined up willing to pay you quite a bit of money.
>>
Something I forgot to mention is that I have O-levels in 7 subjects, including Mathematics. I also have a South African IEB certificate, for what it's worth.
>>
>>17317873
Learn the language or you won't get a job anywhere. Learn the dos and don'ts. Certain things here are very impolite that outsiders don't seem to understand well. Don't be "that guy".
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.