[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about job interviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1467507193425.png (505 KB, 500x678) Image search: [Google]
1467507193425.png
505 KB, 500x678
Last monday I was let go of the company I had worked for over 2 years and a half for unclear reason.
My (now) exboss told me that the management didn't want me there anymore and he couldn't do anything about it, so they just kicked me out. This is something that happened a couple of times already this year so is needless to say the nepotism in this company is through the roof.
My real problem is, this was my first job ever (26M) and I'm never really had job-hunted before,
so I'm wondering, if I'm asked in a job interview why did I stop working at my last job, what should I reply?

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: punpun.jpg (12 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
punpun.jpg
12 KB, 400x290
bumperino
>>
>>17317784
Just say how it is: corporate screwed you for no real reason. For all you know, they threw darts at a board with a bunch of names on it, and you just got shit on. If they doubt you, mention that it had already happened a few times.
>>
do you consider your career and job pretty professional? If so they will most likely look at your past job and possibly contact managers etc. It sound like you were doing something wrong and got rid of you but that's just my theory
>>
>>17317862
I was working as a programmer analyst, however it wasn't a software development company.
Even if I were doing something wrong, I were let go without a reason and was given compensation, so it's not like I had anything against me before this whole thing happen.
Something that I didn't mention, and I don't plan on telling in any potential interviews, is that the management already had a CV of the person that is going to be my replacement by the time they told my boss they had fire me (they didn't even told directly, they just told my boss that I was let go). This person has no experience in the field whatsoever.

>>17317858
I'll try this. I'll kept the 'already happened' part for myself unless is really necessary to used tho.

Thanks guys.
I was really lost with this, first time something like this happened to me.
>>
Don't listen to him >>17317858
Companies HATE when you complain about your last job/company or whatever, because they'll think you're gonna do the same with them.
Just state that you was let off with no explanation whatsoever. That should do it, I guess.
Also, if they ask if you liked working there, don't bad mouth them either.
>>
>>17317885
As far as you know they had nothing against you, not trying to make you paranoid or anything but maybe they thought you were annoying or smelly or something
>>
>>17317893
>Stating that you were fired for a reason you aren't aware of is bad mouthing.
Sure, if you sound mad when you say it. It's possible to make a statement without a negative tone, you know.
>>
>>17317899
That's what I was trying to say. Depending on the way you imply it, it will affect the way they perceive you. It's just better to keep it on the low, on my opinion.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.