[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is it. im 38 years old, jobless for 5 and half months,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1467357433164.jpg (46 KB, 652x438) Image search: [Google]
1467357433164.jpg
46 KB, 652x438
this is it.
im 38 years old, jobless for 5 and half months, parents gone, no where to turn to, living life trying to make ends meet every fucking day, cant bear with myself to even go and meet new people. Currently sitting here with a glass of cranberry juice thinking how fucking shit i am. i really am giving up
>>
Start over. Simply find a sport or a hobby ur interested in and eventually you will find friends through that.
>>
>>17317597
Don't feel embarrassed, I'm sure there's people who'd hang with you.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that you're hurting, OP. But you are stronger than this situation. Keep fighting. You will break through.

Ordinarily I would say that the first thing you should do is go for a job, any job, but at the moment I think the isolation may actually be a more immediate concern. I know only too well how hard it is to fight yourself to do the things you can't bring yourself to do. But fight you must, or this will kill you. And fight you can: it's one of the relatively few perks of being human.
>>
>>17317597
>38

Jesus Christ, this is why I'd rather die than wait for nothing.
>>
>>17317744
37 here. Is no age to kill yourself.

I read once most suicides occur after 50's or so.
>>
>>17317597
Hi, future me. Will I finally pull the trigger?
>>
>>17317751
I am not living to 40, let alone 50. The last 26 years have mostly sucked, I do not see the next 20 being any better. OP is proof of that.
>>
>>17317853
I don't know man, I'm happy to still be alive and able to see the new Doom to play.
>>
I wish i could help, i've been homeless for 1 year in the past, but remember that things can only get better when you've experienced the worst. Hope you manage to pull yourself together. Nobody else can do it for you. Willpower and strength; i wish them both for you.
>>
>>17317871
Not really much of a highlight, been playing vidya for 20-something years and it's just a distraction now.
>>
Holy crap that duck pic is 2sad4me

Dont worry op. You are in control, and you have the power to change it. It will take hard work but you have to keep at it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.