[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do average normal people know the proper way to do everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
How do average normal people know the proper way to do everything without resorting to /adv/ or the internet? Do other people tell them? Is it all trial and error? Or do they get it right the first time because they are born normies?
You know, things like how to kiss or what to do in a date or what do I do with my hands.
>>
>>17316563
Read a book. There are books on etiquette and self help for FREE at the library, which may even have eBooks, if you think you're too cool for the internet.
>>
>>17316563
From what I've noticed of my normie friends, they rely on one-sided psuedopsychological life sayings that only apply within their situation and not universally.

When my best friend went through a break up, she'd just repeat things to get her through it like "I'm just gonna do what makes me happy." and "chicks before dicks." and "he had a small dick anyways."

Just real fuckin liberating repetitive shit mantras. I think they commit and fake it until they make it.

Which I am completely incapable of doing. I am completely wishy washy, unable to commit to decisions until I reach the depth of my own issues. Then I slowly climb out of the hole I dug myself using the force of everything anyone ever told me about my own situation to form my own opinion on what direction I should go in. I feel like the more opinions I hear on my terrible situations The better I can over think and eventually reach a conclusion. Even if it takes me months of feeling miserable.
>>
You just gotta go do it. Almost all of it's trial and error with some advice sprinkled in.

When I ask for advice on here, it's something that couldn't be answered on a specific forum, but I've made less threads over the years.

The more you do something though the easier it becomes. Doing something new the first time is almost always going to be the hardest because you don't know what to expect.
>>
Depends on the specific situation. As far as dates, that's usually pretty common and friends (especially girls) will talk about them a lot.
I'd say as far as kissing and stuff it's mostly just going into it accepting that you might not be good at it, and that's ok.
>>
File: Freak.jpg (22 KB, 564x315) Image search: [Google]
Freak.jpg
22 KB, 564x315
>>17316563
>>17316563
>Do other people tell them?
This. When you grow up alone and are forced to rely on yourself and the internet for everything, it's absolutely insane to see how much normal people learn from each other.

I somehow made a friend by accident and in the span of only 2 days found out that at my uni everything is corrupt as hell, everyone is cheating shamelessly with the help of the profs, people literally pay bribes openly for exam grades, and before the last exam everyone except me had a copy of it beforehand.

Reminds me of the "white privilege" shit, about how white people live life on easy mode.
Feels like i've been living on nightmare mode instead.
>>
>>17316563
Mostly trial and error. There is a limited amount one can pick up from media and the Internet, but that stuff all has to be taken with a spoonful of salt.

Except the rom-coms. Take those with the whole damn salt mine.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.