[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPAR (Smart People Attrition Rate)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: coffee civets.jpg (435 KB, 1600x1112) Image search: [Google]
coffee civets.jpg
435 KB, 1600x1112
What was the SPAR like at your high school and college?

-A: Did well in high school, went to a prestigious private college on scholarship. Basically became a NEET afterwards because he couldn't function outside of structure.

-B: Mental breakdown in college due to social isolation. Came home. Went to a local college, got married, is now a housewife.

-D: Had a mental breakdown due to high pressure and now thinks that Illuminati reptilians did 9/11 and is on the no-fly list.

-E: Dropped all of his higher ambitions during college, married his high school girlfriend, got fat, and settled for a mediocre job in middle-management in the corporate world.

-F: Left high school to go right into community college because he couldn't take the toxic environment. Went on to be moderately successful.

-J: Became less neurotic without her mom breathing down her neck. Is now in med school.

-K: Dropped out of the smart-people track and got by on cunning and networking. Reconsidered this in college by switching majors, but then switched back to her stupid people degree in order to graduate on time. Is woefully unhappy with her high paying make-work job for well connected people because the work is unfulfilling. Has told everyone from her mom to me this. Made her own hell by underachieving.

-L: Finished college, but only after getting heavily into drugs and with multiple felonies for shoplifting on her record. Works in a menial job now.

-M: Actually doing very well. Lost a ton of weight in college and came out of his shell. Is now high functioning.

-N: Still in college. Dropped out once due to alcohol use to cope with pressure and social isolation. Might make it.

-R: Basically on permanent vacation working abroad in a shitty job in an area with a low cost of living. Checked out.

-W: Fairly successful, married his college girlfriend.

Only maybe 1/3 of the smartest people I can think of from those days are happy and successful. Is this true where you are?
>>
File: Prosecutie.jpg (262 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Prosecutie.jpg
262 KB, 2048x1365
>>17316433
>It's an "Anon defines intelligence so that he can conveniently push an angenda" thread
>>
>>17316600

Where did I define intelligence?
>>
File: Seriously.gif (25 KB, 164x200) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.gif
25 KB, 164x200
>>17316765
Some of your characters' descriptions have nothing in common.

How can you make an objective statement when you have no clear independent variable. You say "smart" but you throw out words like successful, which can, both, mean completely other things for other people.

This thread is pointless the way it's presented.
>>
>>17316781

>Some of your characters' descriptions have nothing in common.

They were all intelligent people I knew?

>How can you make an objective statement when you have no clear independent variable. You say "smart" but you throw out words like successful, which can, both, mean completely other things for other people.

Successful as in "successfully obtained what they set out to obtain in life or are on the road to it".

You seem depressed about something.
>>
File: here we go.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
here we go.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>17316867
>gets criticized
>"you must be depressed"
Pic related

You're being vague about intelligence and successfulness but can't handle the criticism.

>successfully obtained what they set out to obtain
That is so baseless it's ridiculous. So someone who studies to be an aerospace engineer but fails and settle for mechanical is less successful than someone who aimed to work at a call center and live in a shitty apartment and watch anime all day simply because the latter actually achieved it?

Seems pretty fishy familia
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.