[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you act when your friend becomes more and more distant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (605 KB, 633x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
605 KB, 633x420
How do you act when your friend becomes more and more distant? We live in different cites atm so it's a bit like long distance friendship, but we were very close once and now he texts me less and less, his facebook chat is always turned off and when I message him our convos are short and awkward. I don'tknow how to understand it, he doesn't want to know me anymore?

>tl;dr friend rarely speaks to me and I don't know what to do with that
>>
>>17316286
How far do you live apart?
How long have you known eachother and how did you meet?
What are your ages?
>>
>>17316286
A lot of friendships, especially among the young, are friendships-of-proximity. Kids play together because they live next door, teens become pals because they're in the same classes.

Sometimes these friendships last forever. But just as often, when the proximity breaks - when you go to different colleges or move away - it turns out that there wasn't much more than the proximity holding you together.

That may have happened here. It doesn't mean that you'll break altogether, just that the connection weakens with distance, and as each of you develop new friendships-of-proximity where you are.
>>
>>17316368
We are both 21. We live like 2 hours apart and I've known him since high school

>>17316377
That's really sad because I never felt like we are friends because it's handy but because we like same stuff and have loads in common
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.