[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feel like I'm too close with my parents/don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (150 KB, 640x220) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150 KB, 640x220
Feel like I'm too close with my parents/don't know how to be more formal with them.

It's a problem because it makes some of the ignorant shit they say to/about me hurt a lot and makes it difficult for us to have a mutually beneficial relationship. I am open enough with them to be totally honest and this is bad. It tends to shut down all dialogue if we disagree because I can't just say so. Doesn't help that my mom is very easily worked up and gets pissed at everything. We just synergistically piss each other off to the moon, even when we need to figure things out together, or I need advice/help.

I'm so comfortable with them I can't keep my mouth shut to keep peace. Doing so makes me feel lonely and sad.

Yes, I'm a mostly-friendless loser. Turns out you can't be full-throttle open with friends all the time either, so...yeah. Really open with my partner but clearly if things I need to talk about involve him then...no where to go.

Parents aren't going to change. I don't know how to feel close to them and satisfied without also arguing about totally stupid shit. They bring up shit I said when I was a very different person, and every good thing I do is because of my meds, and every bad thing is because I'm not on the right ones. I was a militant atheist 8 years ago so clearly now I still hate religon even though I talk constantly about church shopping. I want married outside but can't stand the idea of a tent for the ceremony so I'm impossible. I want a small wedding so I can have it inside so I'm unrealistic. I'm nervous about a wedding so I should take more meds. I'm afraid of dying so I should go to church no wait I'll get struck by lightning because I'm such an atheist, so I should take more meds. I got my degree so obviously meds are working. I want to be with my partner forever but I think a wedding is weirdly romantic after 6 years of the spark wearing out, so I need my meds adjusted, etc.
>>
File: 1465813099542.png (155 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
1465813099542.png
155 KB, 500x530
>>17315867
You need to stop trying to Frontline junkrat and stuck with your tanks. K/d ratio will improve enormously.

Didn't read your wall of text, either use paragraph appropriate spacing better or simplify what you're trying to say. Or both.
>>
>>17315867
Your K/D is way too low and your weapon accuracy is way too high. Front lining in JR is a situational thing, and you're so much better off sitting in a position where the enemy can't get you, be that behind your team or around a corner or on a ledge, where you can spam area of denial and just cause a lot of damage
>>
>>17315867
Be polite and loving, smile and agree with what they say, keep everything warm and peaceful between you.

And then go out and lead your own life.
>>
>>17315867
Don't listen to this >>17315883 Shitrat.

What you want to do it camp objectives and mine the shit out of them. If it looks like you're gonna lose it then back off and shoot from afar while waiting for your team. You should have like +15 objective kills AT LEAST.
>>
>>17316629
>>17315883

Get carried shitters. I'm probably the edgy reaper player carrying you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.