[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something weird happened tonight. I've been meticulously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Something weird happened tonight. I've been meticulously planning this proposal — my girlfriend and I have dated for 3 years. My gf and I started having a talk where the topic of open or poly relationships came up, and things went a bit wrong. I was surprised at first, but she had a bit of alcohol. She mentioned the idea of being willing to try an open relationship, and I bottled up my instant jealousy feedback. Now was my chance to be an understanding boyfriend, even if I don't think it's what would be best for us… the idea of her being with another guy makes me sick. But in the same note, I don't want to stifle or hold back her feelings. And I certainly don't want to lose her by being overbearing BF/fiancé/husband. So I expressed a very open mind to the idea. That's where things went so wrong. After I expressed an open mind to the idea, (which I guess isn't farfetched considering my previous relationships had similar arrangements whether it's what I wanted or not) she recoiled hard. She said she can't marry me now, and that the idea disgusts her. So my understanding nature backfired hard, and I'm left with a girlfriend who thinks I believe in this sort of relationship. (honestly, I don't want to be with anyone else, but if she wanted to I would have to swallow that pain and let her because I don't want to lose her) I feel like I walked into a beartrap. How do I explain to her that I want to be with her and only her, as well as the idea i don't wanna see her with anyone else?
>>
This is why you should just be fucking honest and upfront with how you feel about things.
>>
>>17315819
You can try and be honest, and explain to her what you explained to us, but it sounds to me like she trapped you with the purpose of starting a fight. Red Flag.
Are there any others?
>>
>>17315819
Just tell her that you were being a retard and only said it was okay because you were afraid that she'd leave otherwise, and that you felt really bad about saying what you said. It's not going to make her respect you much, but since you already acted like a spineless idiot, there's only so much damage control you can do.
>>
wow. youre trying to kiss her ass when she was the one who was giving a shit test? you need to reclaim your balls back from her purse.
>>
Nice trap she drop on you, kind a cunt.
>>
>>17315819

Let her read what you just wrote. Nothing beats the truth.

A classic case of: A lie can be sweet in the beginning, but is bitter in the end. The truth might be bitter in the beginning but ends up sweet.

Show her and fix this shit.
>>
Prime definition of shit test.

You failed.
>>
it's fucked up that girls do these "tests" anyways.

But, yeah you don' goofed
>>
>>17315819
>Now was my chance to be an understanding boyfriend
What in fuck is wrong with you guys? Why do you believe being an understanding bf/husband should include an open relationship so she can fuck whomever, whenever? Fucking idiots

Why don't you just bend over and let her dry fuck your ass with a ball bat?
>>
>>17315819
>but if she wanted to I would have to swallow that pain and let her because I don't want to lose her

you fucking pussy. this is your larger problem, you have no balls and now she knows it. Despite the propaganda women want a man that wants only them but also expects the same commitment and loyalty in return.
>>
>>17315846
>you were afraid that she'd leave otherwise
Goddamn if she wants to fuck other men then OP should be the one that leaves
>>
>>17315819
Yeah you walked into a trap and what you should do is send her a thank you note for exposing what a manipulative cow she is before you did something stupid like get married.
Then move on and find a girl who is not a manipulative cow.
Don't fucking cave in here OP. If you marry this girl you will be playing mind games life this until you either kill yourself or divorce. Congratulations on finding out before you got locked down. Seriously.
>>
My ex had this idea and I said no, for various reasons. She whined that I wasn't understanding and was being controlling, and how being poly was her sexuality now and it wasn't her fault she hadn't kniwn sooner. I have no problem expecting exclusivity, it's the norm. Guess what? After being told 'no' she went and cheated anyway and then as good as told me that's how it was going to be from now on.

I'd run a mile from any girl suggesting similar now, I wouldn't even give her the benefit of the doubt after saying 'no'. Likely scenario is this, she wants to play around and her whole response is some bullshit game to guilt you into agreeing to it fully or she's trying to break up without the guilt and make you look the bad guy. It's all fucked up but who knows what goes through their heads sometimes.

I really despise the poly crowd. They crow on about how liberal and enlightened they are, and misunderstood by everyone, but are actually manipulative, hedonistic, backstabbers.
>>
>>17317101
I agree anon. OP's gf is interested in an open relationship and why she brought it up. She knows in his past relationships the girl was able to fuck whomever and OP goes along. She brought it up and has been able to flip it on OP as his lifestyle choice. Good work.
>>
>>17317101
>I really despise the poly crowd.
I can't cosign this enough.
>>
Could everybody post their fiancée first name,this is hitting too close to home.
>>
>>17315819
I know this word is over used but you literally have cuck tendencies. You're a disgusting pathetic execuse for a male. KYS.
>>
>>17315819
Say you only said it because you fought she didn't want to be with you
>>
>>17315904
this and this >>17315953
>>
I think its time to seriously rethink marrying this girl.
>>
>>17315819
Well, she shit tested you and you failed pretty hard. You tried to be a pleaser and bend to her will. How is she to trust you to be genuine?
>>
>>17315819
>the idea of her being with another guy makes me sick. But in the same note, I don't want to stifle or hold back her feelings. And I certainly don't want to lose her by being overbearing BF/fiancé/husband. So I expressed a very open mind to the idea. That's where things went so wrong. After I expressed an open mind to the idea, (which I guess isn't farfetched considering my previous relationships had similar arrangements whether it's what I wanted or not) she recoiled hard.

What exactly did you respect? She gave you a shit test to get a "real" response from you, likely because you're never honest about your feelings to avoid being "the bad guy." She dodged a bullet. Not because you're open to poly, but because you're an insufferable cunt that doesn't know how to be upfront about how you truly feel.

>So my understanding nature backfired hard
That's not being understanding, that's being dishonest.
>>
>>17315819
wow. Textbook case of blue pill. You need to get red pilled asap
>>
>>17315819
dump her OP, she's a stupid whore cunt that likes trapping men. there are much better women out there.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.