[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What constitutes "The Good Life"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
What's necessary for "The Good Life?" What is essential? How do you imagine it? Do you live it?
>>
One word: knawledge
>>
>>17315364
Without wading too deep into metaphysics, I'd say that the process and state of understanding that you are one with everything constitutes "The Good Life".
>>
File: MW3_300x283.jpg (25 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
MW3_300x283.jpg
25 KB, 300x283
There's a medicine wheel metaphor that comes from Native American culture.

A human is four parts, mental/physical/emotional/spiritual and a person is happy when they satisfy each of these four qualities in their self. Spiritual is a wishy-washy word, but look past that and think of whatever else you want here (transcendental, religious, some kind of feelings towards something greater than yourself)

For me that's a park on a sunny day, or the summit of a mountain bike, mostly things in nature.

The pic I have some suggestions for how it applies to one's life, but it's more important to think how it applies to you. If this is useful to think about, then keep it.
>>
>>17315364
*mountain hike
>>
>>17315364
tfw gf and both of you are happy with each other
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.