[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I'm really shy and awkward around people I avoid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1460604717483.jpg (144 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1460604717483.jpg
144 KB, 720x720
Hi /adv/ I'm really shy and awkward around people I avoid people a lot because of that..
overheard a couple of guys call me a bitch .. I'm not trying to please people but how can I avoid being a "bitch"
I'm grill btw
>>
>>17315351
They are probably taking your shyness and thinking of it as you not wanting to be around them, etc.

Don't be shy. I don't buy into the awkward shit, it's almost always cool to me.
>>
>>17315377
This OP.

Whoever said you were a bitch obviously has their own insecurities.
>>
>>17315351
>Hi /adv/ I'm really shy and awkward around people I avoid people a lot because of that..
>overheard a couple of guys call me a bitch
If you avoid people, they're going to think there's a reason for that (eg you don't like them).

Also, if you're borderline/avoidant then keep in mind that it's not the anxious traits that bother people, it's the sociopathic ones.
This probably doesn't apply to you, but i've seen cases on /adv/, and it usually takes 30+ posts before the OP finally says "yeah i've been diagnosed with BPD" or gives some other clue.
>>
tits or gtfo
>>
File: 9485.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
9485.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
>>17315529
Well the thing is I'm cringely awkward
I'm ugly duckling So if I talk to guys it feels strange if they show interest in me
I don't know anymore
I don't think I have BPD I'm pretty chill that's why I was shocked I came across as bitchy to some people
>>
>>17315351
You ignore them like any sensible bitch would.
>>
Ah yeah
If you're a shy introverted girl, then being quiet around loud normies can be interpreted as you thinking you're too good for them or something, hence bitch.

Dumb normies just don't know what being shy is like. Idiots.
>>
>>17315351
Shyness does indeed often look like aloofness from the outside. As hard as it is, you have to make the effort to reach out to at least one or two people. Join conversations, ask a classmate to study with you, mention to a group that you're hoping to see a new movie/show/exhibit and ask if anyone wants to come along.

It DOES get easier the more you do it.
>>
>I'm not trying to please people but how can I please people

You're a bitch
>>
>>17315351

In today's world, there are two kinds of girls;
>Girls who are happy and open and want to talk to you and shit.
>Bitches.

Now, that's not actually true, but it's the way men have to behave.
If she's straight up avoiding us, seems cold, looks angry (resting bitch face) - we're taught she doesn't want anything to do with us, we're creeps for going anywhere near her and should avoid her at all times.

But it's more than that.

Girls are hostile as fuck these days. Seriously, they fucking hate guys.
So who are we gonna bother with, the girl who smiles at us, talks to us and is friendly as fuck, or the shy, cold-ass bitch looking bitch who's probably a bitch?

Shit, you probably look like a bitch (even if you're not one). While you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, only the dumbest Jews approached men dressed like Nazis. Likewise, only the dumbest men bother with bitch-looking bitches.

So how do you avoid it?
Push your boundaries. Smile, wave, or even straight up talk to a guy.
Do one of a million things that says, "I don't fucking hate you and want to wear your face".
>>
>>17316085
>only the dumbest Jews approached men dressed like Nazis.
This, and thanks for the analogy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.