[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm past my mid twenties and haven't been intimate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1467413043527.jpg (265 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467413043527.jpg
265 KB, 960x1280
So I'm past my mid twenties and haven't been intimate or had any woman express interest in me. I started online dating and that really just exacerbated how bad I was feeling.

I picked up going to the gym, eating better, running around and getting in shape, I'm just 5'10 200, I'm not huge but I'm overweight, I don't have a belly or anything and I'm normally decently dressed and have pretty good hygiene. I want to meet someone and it's really crippling to my sense of worth. Today I had a particularly bad encounter.

>meet a cute girl at kroger
>chat her up, trade numbers and meet up today
>end up going to a local fireworks / BBQ on lake, buy her food
>she's laughing constantly at my jokes and we appear to click
>she touches me thoroughout the date, hands on shoulder, touching my thigh
>gets late and says she has work tomorrow
>she walks up to me as we say our goodbyes, go into to kiss her
>she goes to hug me instead, so she brushes her cheek onto my face
>she goes oh my god, I thought we were just friends
>say nothing and walk away, delete number

I'm really just crazy pissed off and bitter, I'm pretty much the most depressed/angry I've been in some time. What can I do to just find someone? Feels like I have this heavy feeling in my chest, I can't sit down and sit still, so angry.
>>
>>17314942
Man, I'm in the same boat as you so I don't think you wanna tale advice from me...
That said, it sounds like you're doing things right. Try not to get too frustrated or mad and keep trying. From what you've said you sound like a cool dude, and if that's you in the pic you look handsome enough, man. You'll definitely click with another soon if you're actively looking.

Hang in there man.
>>
>>17314942
You're taller than me, so that's a plus. Women are a numbers game. If you can, try to meet girls IRL. When i was single, I found online dating kind of crushed my spirit
>>
>>17314965
By the way man, you armenian?
>>
Here's the unfortunate truth.

Like all pursuits in life, it's going to get better before it gets worse. You have to keep moving forward and try to be happy with yourself. Don't attach anything to your self worth. Especially not something like meeting someone, because most people you meet will be temporary and it'll usually be a right place/right time type of thing.

Online dating sucks. It's not even dating, it's online encountering. And with the way it works it's basically just a place for women to pick their next fuck/free meal. I don't say that to be cynical. Go meet these girls in real life, like you seem to be doing.
>>
Don't dwell on it too much, torturing yourself thinking what you did wrong or what you could have done better. Obviously you were more interested in her than she was in you. You did the right thing walking away. Now time to try again.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.