[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I've come to realize there's trouble coming ahead. "Violence should be avoided", but the thing is: Now, it can't be avoided.
Now listen to me on this. I'm already socially awkward so I dont wanna make a scene while fighting.

>Are there any martial arts fit for close quarters combat?
>>
>>17314807
Go and take boxing lessons if you want to know how to get a basic sense of how to fight. Just know that on the street fights are much uglier. Don't take the memelord approach and go to some edgy Krav Maga studio or something.
>>
Muay thai for striking, bjj for grappling.

Honestly, anything will be better than nothing
>>
>>17314807

if you have enough time to learn an entire martial art for this one particular issue, then you have enough time to avoid the violence all togehter.
>>
>>17314807
If you're in a state where you can get a carry permit, do that. Avoid the fight, flee if necessary, but if you're cornered you need to know your state's use of force laws and accept that you're spending a night in lock up.

If thats not possible, Muay Thai. You'll get everything you'd get from boxing, but a a few more tools in the box like push kicks to get distance, legs for blocking, and elbows. A proper elbow strike is something nobody wants to experience.
>>
File: glock19m.jpg (44 KB, 225x187) Image search: [Google]
glock19m.jpg
44 KB, 225x187
If things ever get so heated a fight should ensue you should get one of these. As an adult, which I doubt you are, we typically don't get into fights and if you happen to then it's probably with some irrational niggers, who may or may not be black, and then deadly force is acceptable two fold because your life is in danger and you're doing society a favor.

>fairly cheap relative to it's quality
>very dependable
>>
>>17314807
>I've come to realize there's trouble coming ahead.
Then it's too late to pick up a martial art. They take years to get any good, and there's inevitably a period, when you've managed to unlearn all the bad "natural" fighting instincts but haven't quite solidified the good replacements yet, where you're actually in more danger than you were before you started. There's no avoiding it -you have to go through this to get to that- but you do NOT want to risk getting in a fight when it hits.

Find a basic self-defense course. It's the only thing you have time for. They don't give you much, but it's all you're going to be able to get. Maybe it'll be enough.
>>
>>17314807
>Are there any martial arts fit for close quarters combat?

literally all of them.
>>
Muay thai is considered one of the easiest to learn and one of the top mosy deadly in terms of striking.clinch knees and elbows are your best weapon for close combat

Wouldnt be to bad to do bjj too.
>>
Get a gun and/or knife.
>>
>>17314807

If you go into a fight scared you will lose. Every time. The only exception is if you bring a weapon, and even then you'll probably still lose. Most street fights especially are determined by a sense of aggression and violence

You can always tell the raw ass dudes when they come at you expecting to get hit. I mean it is a scary thing desu and you just have to mentally match the brutality

>even if I get my nose broken, my jaw shattered, my ribs crushed, my cheekbones fractured, my ear drums burst, my lip split, a fat concussion and spend a couple nights in the ER, I'm gonna bust this dudes fuckin face so hard he'll goddamn remember it forever
>>
You don't need to learn martial arts. You need to do jogging everyday, buy a good pair of running shoes and buy pepper spray. If you are backed into a fight, spray them and run the fuck away. Document everything and report to authorities. Acquire as much evidence as possible. Their names, their picture, their threats, everything.
>>
>>17315288

The world I live in is just fucking collapsing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.