[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New people I'm dealing with seem to dislike my attitude.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 496x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 496x372
New people I'm dealing with seem to dislike my attitude. I can ask my dad or my friends about it, but their answers will be something like, "It's not you. It's them. Don't worry about it," or, "Well that one time you disagreed with my philosophy on x bothered me."

How do I find out exactly what is rubbing people the wrong way? The criticisms from my manager and my ex were difficult to make anything out of. I get answers like, "You don't look hurried enough," or, "My therapist says you take everything personally." What the hell am I supposed to do with that, take an adderal and shut the hell up?

Is there something wrong with the way I stand or talk? Am I failing to smile? Dammit.
>>
If you recorded yourself speak on vocaroo it might make it easier for people to diagnose you (basically record yourself talking about this problem). As it stands it's a difficult thing to do anonymously.
>>
>>17314349
I'm in public right now...
>>
Based solely on that post, I assume you're argumentive, and that the way you act around or treat people when they disagree with you is irritating or rude or standoffish or whatever.

What does a typical disagreement/argument look like with you? Do you agure easily? How do people/you typically get into disagreements? What do you do after? Do you drop it entirely,hold a silent grudge, are you off kilter for the rest of the day, is it out of your mind?
>>
>>17314412
Thank you.

I'm fair in my arguments and I don't hold a grudge, but my tone in an argument might be very bad like you suggested.

Ever since I was a kid, I put winning the argument logically over the emotional needs of the person. I'll say my piece before resolving it, but sometimes my piece infuriates the other person.
>>
>>17314455
contd

they say its better to have a friend than to have won an argument. crying emoji.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.