[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm tired of being a fucking waste of oxygen. I wanna be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: 01349756.jpg (48 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
01349756.jpg
48 KB, 500x486
I'm tired of being a fucking waste of oxygen. I wanna be a better man, fun to men and attractive to women. How do i do it /adv/? I spend most of my time home playing videogames and watching anime.
>>
Stop spending most your time at home watching anime and playing video games
>>
>>17314240
What should i do instead? How do i deal with being afraid of approaching other people?
>>
>>17314247
By being fun, be filled with energy, but not like autistic jim carrey jumping on couches energy.
>>
>>17314078
>>
>>17314269
That somehow made me laugh, but i don't get what ya mean with "fun" and "filled with energy". Some example?
>>
>>17314280
Be carefree, make people laugh, laugh yourself. Make the best of shitty situations. Try new crap, try to get other people to try new crap with you.

Make it so people get pumped when you come around because they know they're in for FUN, again having lots of energy doesn't mean running around in circles eating puzzle pieces. It means that you're able to make a good time out of any situation
>>
>>17314310
>>17314280
>>17314235
one more thing.
>i'm a waste of oxygen
That's a big thing, don't take yourself so seriously.
>>
>>17314310
Yo this may sound autistic but do you have any guide book about this?
>>
>>17314376
It is very autistic, but you have to be a little autistic about it if it doesn't come naturally.

Watch TV, movies, go meet people who you deem and others deem charismatic. Make mental or (if you really want to be autstic) actual notes about their characteristics.

You're not emulating them, you're not sacrificing who YOU are. You're simply bettering yourself. Alot of anon's are going to say "hurrrr dont change yourself for other people" Like it or not, we're social beings and being accepted and liked is an evolutionary need. So do it my friend.
>>
>>17314400
>>17314376
one more thing to add, and I can't stress this enough.

you need some worth, you need goals, you need some passion. People always flock towards focused and motivated people.
>>
>>17314406
This. Devote your energy to an actual productive activity or hobby. When you get really into it, you'll start meeting people and gaining confidence.
>>
>>17314406
I just want a quiet life though
But with friends and maybe a gf to share it with
>>
>>17314423
you can have a quiet life and still be motivated, charismatic and passionate
>>
>>17314423
That's fine. I wanted a quite life with a girl I loved. And I did it, by picking a skill I liked/understood/new was in demand and working to be the best I can at that (repairing shit, if you care). Having skills to mantian a quite life and a plan to get to your quite life is attractive, both to women who want the same thing and people I'm general.
>>
>>17314467
I can't do shit though. I like reading philosophy, watching anime, playing videogames and listening to music, but all in a superficial way. I'm too lazy to learn how to play an instrument or music theory or how to deeply analyze the thought of philosophers i don't really like, for example.
>>
>>17314487
Do you have a job? Is it a good job? Is it a job you could do the rest of your life? Do you live on your own?

If no to any of those, start working on building a future. Which means picking a career and just going for it, you can always switch and use it as a fall back if you end up not liking it
>>
>>17314495
Currently studying languages at uni, and doing so just because my parents told me to. I don't even know what i want to do after uni ends.
>>
Its the same fucking guy!!! This kid is full of shit. This little bitch right, made a post complaining about how he's lonely Then wasnt taking our advice. He expects to do nothing on the internet and get a perfect relationship out of it.
>>
>>17314505
Who the flying fuck are you
>>
Play a multiplayer game. Go to anime conventions. Who said you aren't fun, you alone in your house?
>>
>>17314510
A dude from youre last post
>>
>>17314511
Dude he's a troll.
>>
>>17314520
Bruh it's not me
Remember that you're on 4chan, this place is full of fucking neets that made threads like this
>>
>>17314529
How can i convince you that i'm not the same guy from that thread?
>>
>>17314536
Sure, but you write the same retarded way as the other guy
>>
>>17314269
>By being fun, be filled with energy

You don't need to be a clown to get people to like you. You just need to understand how people work and how to talk to them.
>>
>>17314548
>reads half of the post
>>
File: 20160702_021145.jpg (914 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160702_021145.jpg
914 KB, 2560x1536
>>17314546
Well it's not like i'm the only socially retarded person in the world ya know.

Have this pic as a proof, it's my Italian book.
>>
>>17314575
Nope. But I was pointing out that your writing style is eerily similar.

Have this pic as proof of all the fucks I give, samefag
>>
>>17314615
Seriously bro, it's not me. I'm really looking for some solutions to my problem here. Not here to troll or anything, just legittimately autistic.
>>
>>17314557

You can be an introvert low vibing person and still be interesting to people.
>>
>>17314657
Yeah haha i feel that way too
>>
>>17314657
I don't want to be an introvert though. I want to be a more open person. It's just that i have some sorta inconscious fear of them rejecting me or treating me like shit. I also feel like it's too late for making friends or having relationship since i have no real experience with either of those. But i'd like to.
>>
>>17314672

Your problem isn't that you're an introvert, it's that you're lazy. I say this cause I'm the same way too, really dont like hanging out in big crowds, if I went to a social gathering where I didn't know a single person I'd hate my entire existence cause people always ball up into this tightly closed social circles and it's such a hassle trying to break into them.

But there's a much better way of solving this problem, and it's not complaining about it. In the past month, I've been going up to girls I see and just starting random conversations or making an observation, it's beyond scary and for good reason it should be cause it's a new experience, I've had 4/5 successful interactions, with the 1 girl not being entirely miserable but just being too flakey than is generally advisable for the average human.

It's never too late to make friends. That's a bunch of nonsense.

>I have no experience

Well get some experience.
>>
>>17314235
Try to meet people IRL. Do you have a job, or do you study?
>>
>>17314240
what if I live in a small town fucking hours away from any people I could possible even try to relate to? I'm gonna try to improve myself, but it's not so easy when you're literally isolated.
>>
work out

get a haircut

get drunk
>>
>>17315756
Not me btw
I live in a city
>>
>>17314235
You are what you do.

Sit around wasting your time and you are a waste.

Get out and do something - get a job, go to school, volunteer, interact with the real world in some constructive way - and you will not be a waste of oxygen.

What you choose to do is up to you. But you have to do it.
>>
>>17314235
Stop being such a people pleaser, not everyone will like you.

I do what I missed doing while I have the leisure to.
>>
>>17314235
First and foremost. Stop watching anime. Cut it out of your life completely
>>
>>17314235
Go out. Travel. Be audacious with where you want to go. That is all.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.