[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend is saying he is going to kill himself rather soon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: noose30n-1-web.jpg (30 KB, 970x812) Image search: [Google]
noose30n-1-web.jpg
30 KB, 970x812
My friend is saying he is going to kill himself rather soon. He doesn't want to talk about it and is only talking through Facebook messager. I told him I'm there for him if he want to talk at anytime but he refuses, trying to get him on teamspeak. What do I do? I have never been in a situation like this.
>>
OP here, he agreed to talk to him on Teamspeak.
>>
>>17314131
Talk to his family about it.
>>
>>17314131
BAstard just wants attention.
>>
>>17314131
Yeah well, what is killing himself going to do for him, he will achieve absolutely nothing by murdering himself. The only thing he will be doing is put his family through hell. Anyway, tell him to grow a pair, and not to throw away the 1 chance he has at life. There's no respawning bruh. You'll die for real.
>>
Tell his family or call the suicide prevention phone number

Don't just let him kill yourself you dumb fuck
>>
What is it about?

Better not be a LDR.
>>
File: 1467087894743.jpg (49 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1467087894743.jpg
49 KB, 720x480
>>17314164
Its always bout wimmen
>>
He feels like he has no future, the only happiness he gotten was from his ex gf and he "Doesn't care"
>>
>those niggas suggesting to tell the family
I would never trust my friend again if he told my family.
>>
>>17314191
trust no one not even urself
>>
>>17314191
That's a great way to treat someone who saved your life.

Even if you don't value your own life, the fact that they cared enough to do that should mean something.
>>
>>17314204
Telling the family would make things worse.
You'll carry that stigma for the rest of your life everytime you see them.
>>
>>17314208
If I thought it was the only way to save my friend's life, I would absolutely do it.

>stigma

Who cares? It's your life to live, you don't need to be defined by other people's opinions of you.
>>
>>17314318
Ask somebody with a deficient how cool it is to have a stigma and then just say what you said.
Your whole family treating you different because of it is not a good experience.
>>
9-1-1

Or call the cops
>>
They whisked him away to go get some help
>>
>>17314131
Do:
>tell him that you care about him and that you'd miss him if he left
>ask if there's anything you can do to help
>talk about things you've done together in the past, especially if they're small things he may have forgotten about
>go out of your way to connect with him, make him feel wanted as a friend
Don't:
>make him feel guilty about the way he feels
>compare his suffering to others

Coming from someone who has come pretty close to suicide in the past, these are all things I would have really appreciated hearing. Most of all, just be supportive and understanding
>>
>>17314553
Well, I cannot speak to him at the moment as his mother took him to the hospital. As he was planning to sneak out and do the deed, I told his mother about his intentions - which is sadly the last resort I had, otherwise I could not prevent it. I would say he is now going to be forced to see a therapist, I believe it will help but he is reluctant. I told him to tell them you need some time to think and gather his thoughts, as they should respect his wishes. Fingers crossed he will accept the help.
>>
>>17314607
Good night and good luck.
>>
>>17314660
Thanks, good night.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.