[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything is misery, everything is passing with time, everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: inline_n6ns2bJ7591sdjmfb.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
inline_n6ns2bJ7591sdjmfb.gif
479 KB, 500x281
Everything is misery, everything is passing with time, everything is temporary, everything goes to waste.

Sex is overrated and gets boring and trivial for those who get it, gf always keks at some point, bf is never satisfied with you, job sucks, friends are just people that get satisfaction for supporting someone more miserable than themselves. All social goals like being liked, accepted, successful, popular are empty promises programming you to spin the wageslave machine. They are designed to never grant you satisfaction, nor are worth the hassle for it yet if you reject them, there is nothing to hold on to.

Why should you even try? What makes it worth the effort? Do you have your answer /adv/?
>>
File: 1463512329163.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463512329163.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>17314078
life is what you make it, faggot
>>
>>17314078
I shouldn't.
>>
What other option do I have?
>>
File: anti.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
anti.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>17314087
So what do YOU make out of it? What's worth the making?
>>
I find the little moments in life beautiful. The fact that everything is temporary is what makes me appreciate it. Sure, I mess up a lot and waste time and get depressed, but what always brings me back is the idea that I'm part of a story and I have a part to play, whatever that is. The story is going to end and it's not always going to be a happy story, but I know that I'm going to meet interesting and colorful characters, travel to indescribably beautiful places, grow as a person, eat delicious food, laugh, feel love, do all of that stuff. And one day, I'm going to die and nobody knows what happens after that. Maybe it all begins again, maybe I get to chill in an afterlife, and maybe my consciousness will just end forever.

But until that happens, here i remain, gleaning as much meaning as I can out of something that I'm pretty sure is meaningless.

That's what it is for me. Very few people I've met agree with me, and I doubt you will. Meaning in life is really something you need to discover for yourself for the most part. But I hope this answer helped in some small way.
>>
>>17314103
I evolve past the person I was a minute before, little by little I advance a bit further with each turn. That's how a drill works!
>>
File: JUST.png (583 KB, 1306x616) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
583 KB, 1306x616
>>17314132
real life isnt anime
>>
>>17314111
What's so worthy in "delicious food", "falling in love" or "traveling It's all just "things", or "things that happen". they all also end. You have to work hard to pay just to travel just for a while and eat, you invest in moments that change nothing, just make it better for a short while before you return to nothing.

If you still get depressed it means that you are lacking something that you never get. It's all still just "momentary solutions" to fill the void.
>>
>>17314111
I like this. Thanks anon.
>>
>>17314143
>fill the void

expand the void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE
>>
>>17314150
Playing edgy is also escaping from this void. A cowardice. You pretend to be dark and deep while you are silly and miserable in reality and that's how others perceive you.
>>
>>17314140
Wrong
>>
File: 1466520238378.jpg (546 KB, 1050x1400) Image search: [Google]
1466520238378.jpg
546 KB, 1050x1400
>>17314159
There is no void you melodramatic retard

Go get laid and stop shitting up my board
>>
>>17314143
>they all also end

I know that, in fact I explicitly addressed that. Everything we know is temporary, so we may as well just fill ourselves with good temporary things rather than shitty ones and regret

>if you still get depressed it means you are lacking something, you're just distracting yourself

Well, yes and no. To the best of my knowledge, I think I get depressed when I start thinking about how much I'm missing out on in life. I could be doing better, trying harder to actually live the type of life that I want to live. My failure to do that is what makes me depressed.

I prefer to think of the beauty of life as the main part of it, and the depression and the void as the distraction. Depression makes me not want to do better, and so I need to overcome it.
>>
>>17314103
You see no matter what any of the anon's tell you, you are not going to agree because of your pessimistic nihilist attitude. What each persons viewpoint on life is going to be different then the next. There are many different branches of philosophy that pertain to a certain lifestyle and believe in a different meaning.
>>
>>17314167
I've got laid enough to get bored of it, much more than anyone playing tough on internet imageboards would.

I see the futility of it all that you strive for and try to pretend to be, I've been there, I had it. I got nothing from it.
>>
>>17314172
>I get depressed when I start thinking about how much I'm missing out on in life.

Because you are missing out. You always are. There is always something more. You always can try harder. But you will never get it. Wanting things means always regretting and when you gat it, it's no longer that satisfying. What is the reason to fret for things that fix nothing?
>>
File: 1465763521681.jpg (93 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1465763521681.jpg
93 KB, 1024x576
>>17314181

lol keep crying bitch ass nigga

WHY IS DA WURLD SO MEAN N EMPTY I HAF NO RAISIN TO LAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

where you go dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo

have some bitch music kek
>>
>>17314078
Obtain completion through heedfulness.
>>
>>17314196
Thanks for this cringefest. Your underage taste in music makes me even more dead inside than anything I've included in OP.

>>17314199

What do you mean by "heedfulness"?
>>
>>17314195
>missing out on life
Easily in the top 10 dumbest memes
Only depressed retards and idiots obsessed with muh exciting life experiences worry about that shit
>>
File: chaika-party-hard-2.gif (396 KB, 541x332) Image search: [Google]
chaika-party-hard-2.gif
396 KB, 541x332
>>17314212
Evanescence is not underage music you faggot
>>
>>17314078
>Why should you even try? What makes it worth the effort? Do you have your answer /adv/?

Why not? There isn't a point but why not entertain the chemicals in your head by doing the things that release these feel good chemicals.
>>
>>17314216
Evanescence was always underage
>>
>>17314195
Nah, I don't want to experience everything because I'm not an idiot and I've made my peace with the fact that some things are probably impossible for me. I don't pine for those things. I pine for things that are within my reach, but so far I have been too weak or lazy or undisciplined to achieve

There is some wisdom in what you're saying, and I've definitely experienced that, but I think it's a fallacy to say that it will always be a vicious cycle of always wanting more.
>>
>>17314234
Truth. Evanescence is trash-tier dogshit
>>
File: amy-lee-2669.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
amy-lee-2669.jpg
111 KB, 1024x768
>>17314234
Stop bullying my Emofu
>>
File: ciyiae.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ciyiae.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>17314241
Uhh you don't get to bring friends
>>
>>17314233
So are we just slaves to our hormones? If you succumb to the good chemicals, you also give power to the bad ones. You become addicted and dependent to "feeling good" and like with any drugs the dose has to raised every time to the point it stops granting any pleasure, just keeping you from the suffering of cold turkey.
>>
can I be a Pegasus too, Peggy-chan?
>>
File: bane3.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bane3.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
>>17314251
Of chourse
>>
>>17314257
More like "of horse"
:)
>>
>>17314263
I got a real kick out of that
>>
>>17314249
We are anon and there is nothing you could do about it. However you don't want to feel miserable for the duration of your existence on your planet so why not do things you enjoy that make you feel good. There isn't a point and you know what anon?

It's alright.

Is there anything you enjoy?
>>
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
>>17314078
Misery is a spook
>>
>>17314328
Yes.

It's despise for everything. Proving myself and everyone how miserable it is.

After years of normalfagging that's the only thing that comes easily and natural to me without feeling like a lab rat.

I quite happy with my life now.
>>
The answer is quite easy. You don't know what awaits you after death. It could be something even worse than life. So might as well give life the benefit of the doubt and keep on living until our time comes. Who gives a fuck anyway.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.