[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop wanting/daydreaming about romantic love?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
How do you stop wanting/daydreaming about romantic love?
>>
By getting heartbroken.
>>
>>17314026
I have never agreed with anything more..
>>
>>17314026
How?

Already had an unrequited crush for like two or three times, broke a third guy's heart.

I still want to be kissed.
>>
>>17314117
Why'd you break his heart?
>>
>>17314130
Because I was 19 and never been loved before. I thought I'd just outsmarted everyone by Giving A Nice Guy A Chance and honestly put serious effort into dating this guy I felt absolutely no attraction towards.

It turns out it's not that simple. People are not an aquired taste, and you can't simply make yourself love someone you don't love.

At some point in the relationship, I thought since I was unhappy anyway, I might as well be unhappy with him instead of us both being unhappy separately. 0+1 is more than 0+0, see?

I dumped him over and over again and he begged me back every single time. I just didn't have the backbone to break free and just crying and begging him to let me go obviously didn't work. He'd just cry right back at me and beg for me to stay.

I've never wanted to hurt anyone in my life, but I was stupid and desperate to have someone in my life that didn't find me repulsive, even if I was repulsed by him.

It was hell and I am eternally grateful that it's over.
>>
>>17314193
>Get someone you love the most, somoene you could die for
>let it be the happiest moments in your life
>let him break your heart and take a huge shit at what remains of it

simple
>>
Related, but how do you get over an infatuation that lasts a really long time?

The kind where you both long for each other but are afraid to say anything because of circumstances. Kind of on a perpetual hopefulness and it's not healthy.
>>
>>17314026
Not OP, but that hasn't worked for me
>>
>>17314202
Every time I get a crush/fall in love/get infatuated with someone, their reaction is "uhh, no thank you".

I've never gotten the chance to hold hands with someone I LIKED.

Wat do?
>>
>>17314319
Lower your standards.
>>
>>17314009
Realize it's a lie and that you can never truly trust anyone.
>>
find a new coping mechanism
>>
I make fantasies where I have it. It feels a lot better than thinking about my ex or my left hand. That book The Secret is highly pretentious and stupid, but it has a few points.

Imagine A: you're fantacizing about romantic love, and a cute girl approaches you

Imagine B: you're criticizing yourself for have no gf, and a cute girl approaches you
>>
Stop being a fag?
Being attracted to the opposite gender is fine, even having a "crush" is fine, wanting to be with someone is fine, but if you honestly think romance exists this day in age you're dumb. Women these days will fuck chad, sleep with you, then suck your roommate's dick. Don't fall for the love/romance meme.
>>
>>17314476
I'm attracted to men.
>>
>>17314476
[r9k] please go and stay gone
>>
>>17314556
I'm from /k/ you insufferable fairy.
>>
>>17314591
Doesn't matter where you're from, your [r9k]-esque mindset isn't wanted by anybody here.
>>
>>17314638
The fuck is r9k and what does that have to do with anything I said
>>
>>17314498
Just suck his dick and he'll stay forever.
>>
>>17314681
i love sucking dick haha
>>
>>17314681
No they don't.

I can only go through with sex under very specific circumstances and sucking dick won't cover it.
>>
>>17314716
Now I'm curious.
>>
>>17314809
1. I need to get something out of it, I don't fuck for free.

2. I'll need to be sufficiently drunk. The amount of alcohol is inversely proportional to how important the thing in #1 is. Ensuring that my partner won't leave me is more important than just having a place to crash for the night, and requires less alcohol.
>>
>>17314847
Well aren't you a peach.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.