[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I'd like to see what advice you guys would give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: job-problems-250x250.jpg (11 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
job-problems-250x250.jpg
11 KB, 250x183
Hi /adv/

I'd like to see what advice you guys would give to someone in my position. Essentially, I feel like my job is trying to cuck me.

Just over a year and a half ago I was offered the opportunity to move to a problematic team to iron out its difficulties. I was told that if this was successful I would be rewarded. I accepted this offer.

After 3 months I received a promotion which brought my salary in line with what i should have been on before I moved. Other's were promoted on my old team at the same time as me they of course did not accept the same "opportunity" as me.

At the 6 month mark I was told of another opportunity for promotion and was placed on training courses that would coincide with this.This promotion would bring me to the same level as the highest paid on my old team. Yet in comparison my workload far exceeds theirs.

A year has now passed since this second supposed opportunity for promotion was given and I have completed the training courses. Essentially I am already performing the role and have become vital to the effectiveness of the team.

I have held meetings with my manager with regards to when this promotion would happen the bottom line was that nothing concrete could now be said. My retort was that if nothing concrete could be provided then I would have to consider other job opportunities if they became available.

Now I have found out that staff of equal level to me and some that are under me have received pay rises which bring them closely inline with my salary (albeit still slightly less than mine). On average the productivity of these staff falls way below that of effective and I often have to complete their work for them. Yet no work of a pay rise nor promotion for me.

I've emailed my boss asking for a meeting first thing on Monday. How should I play it? If he can't provide me something concrete It would seem like handing in my resignation would be best.
>>
>>17313985
Demand a raise, make sure that your boss knows how much he needs you.
>>
>>17313985
Start actively looking for a new job, but don't resign until you have something lined up.
>>
>>17313985
Point the things out that you are not satisfied with, but ffs don't whine, bitch, moan, or complain. You should be lining something up in case you get turned down.
>>
>>17314003

Part of our meetings approx a month ago was in regards to me wanting higher pay to bring me up to the same level as the starting salary for managers on my old team. Who do approx 50% less of the work I do. Honestly, the gulf in work loads is obscene and not just in volume but also complexity - as well as them not having to support an inexperienced team of which some staff are simply on the side of incapable.

The sheer fact that I have heard nothing from him indicates to me that he has nothing concrete to say.

The management is pathetic.

>>17314023
Your right. However, in previous meeting I have played it as cool as a cucumber. Very calm very factual even praised for having a very professional approach to the meeting. This time though It's going to be so difficult not to rip his head off.

I have two weeks holiday book from Monday which I wanted to cancel in order to complete an unexpected peak in my workload. I think after the meeting I take my holiday and look for a new job.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.