[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/. First time poster, so sorry in advance if I am mistaken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 140x178) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 140x178
Hey /adv/.
First time poster, so sorry in advance if I am mistaken in posting here.

For some time now after starting anti-depressants and mood-stabilizers (Lamotrigine and Aripiprazole) I've had this feeling of being "uncomfortable".

I can't find a place for myself. I have to move, or have to do something. I can't sit still, and I feel like I shouldn't be in the place that I currently am.
Typing this is hard, cause I've been sitting in front of my computer for a long time trying to find the right words to type.

TL:DR
>Feel "uncomfortable"
>is it cause of meds?
>is it a previous problem that became greater BECAUSE of meds?
>what do?

Currently about a month on these meds.
>>
Take my advice with a grain of salt.

Depression. Boom.
Literally anything you do you will overcome. I've been like this, still am like this. I just cleaned the kitchen table cause I knew that's what I wanted to do on the inside, but my exterior brain was like nah fuck that, and you just feel worse as you go on, since you didn't do anything. Y'know?

Chillax, listen to some music. The meds might be at fault here, they might not. Eitherway, go talk to your doctor or mum or whatever. Mood stablizers might actually be the culprit here. Make sure you use them right, rather than using them while sitting on your butt doing nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 401x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 401x323
>>17313855
Jason, go to the doctor. If you got the stuff prescribed, there should also a person to answer your questions if something's not working the way it should.
>>
>>17314088
>>17314155
double dubs checked,
thanks you guys.

And for the record, they weren't prescribed.
My mum suffers from depression and bipolar disorder, and she figured she'd give me the same meds she has in lower doses.
I disagreed with her about taking them for years. One day a month ago I felt okay about starting to take them, and it's been nightmarish since then.
>>
>>17313855
Everything you just told us you should tell your psychiatrist next time you see him.
>>
>>17314163
Oh shit disregard my last post. Stop taking other people's meds, that's really dangerous. If you think you need to be medicated then see a doctor.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 600x800
>>17314163
Geez, isn't it illegal in your country to give people some of your meds if the receiving person lacks a prescription? That shit's dangerous, you're experiencing why right now.

Have another M2K, I hope it gets better m8.
>>
File: ChEHboTUcAAutuF.jpg (9 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
ChEHboTUcAAutuF.jpg
9 KB, 185x185
>>17314173
>>17314177
dubs checked again

I believe it is illegal.
Sorry, I misspoke though.
Closer to what happened was that I went to the doctor, and the doctor only listened to my mum. And basically got me meds without consulting a psychiatrist.
Which is still in the "bad" spectrum.

I even questioned why she would just flat out say "Yeah, I suffer from x, so my son also suffers from x, give me these meds that treat x without having son consult professional to see if son has same thing".

Mum claimed that she sees herself in me, and that's why she's sure about me taking these meds.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 720x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 720x685
>>17314190
Well, you're her son, so of course you resemble her, but a non-professional is clearly not in the position to diagnose to the point of knowing which meds a person needs.
>>
>>17314201
This is what I said, but it's come to the point where I don't have much of a choice.
She also wants me to take prescribed meds (of hers) to counteract this "anxiety" as mentioned in the OP.
Which I've flat out refused.
We have a family business, and everyone here at work is involved now, and I feel pressured to take the anxiety meds in hopes of getting rid of this feeling, but I'd rather not.
I just don't know what to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 230x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 230x392
>>17314210
Talk to the doc. Simply stopping taking anti-depressants will cause withdrawal symptoms, so don't do that, but don't take anything new either. Only a pro knows how different meds interact with each other. Taking meds against meds' side effects, which also cause side effects are already bad enough, let alone if the people involved in all this know jack shit about pharmacology.
>>
>>17314225
Thanks for the /adv/ice, m2k.
I'll see what I can do on my own.
I'll try to schedule something with a psychiatrist.
Hopefully family won't kill me.
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 194x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 194x278
>>17314231
Good luck, bro. Don't let your family pressure you into some unwise choices.
>>
If you go consult and your mother insists on coming into the office with you, tell the doctor you want her to leave. This is your right. If you're over a certain age (I think it's 12 or 14 here), you can consult without your parents present and are allowed to make your own decisions concerning the treatment you receive.
>>
>>17314245
>>17314275
Thank you very much for the advice, guys.
You were of great help, really.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.